Newbie here

• 1 month later...

Hi Mervyn! 

Saw your healthy colourful frags on sale .  Mind you share how you feed your SPS frags ? 

Do you think coral need to eat a lot ? ... fish poos, reefroids, oyster eggs, live phyto/ rotifers, ?  Or corals eat little... just need trace element in water  ie dosing amino,vitamin   (ie UNLS system) Or do you just 'dump them all in'  ? 

A lot of people (like me) never get pass constantly deteriorating coral/frags .  

Hi Mervyn! 
Saw your healthy colourful frags on sale .  Mind you share how you feed your SPS frags ? 
Do you think coral need to eat a lot ? ... fish poos, reefroids, oyster eggs, live phyto/ rotifers, ?  Or corals eat little... just need trace element in water  ie dosing amino,vitamin   (ie UNLS system) Or do you just 'dump them all in'  ? 
A lot of people (like me) never get pass constantly deteriorating coral/frags .  

Hi Mike,
I feed my system once a week with reefroids.I don't think that corals need to eat alot unless they are the non photosynthetic type.Lights plays a important part too.
I do auto dose the 3 major elements everyday(Alk,Cal & Mag) but i manual dose Red Sea trace color ABCD & Reef Energy A&B once a week.
I do get my fair share of coral death in the begining but patience and stability is key.This is what it looks like 1 year later.1568289477189.jpeg1568289511974.jpeg1568289537409.jpeg1568289574737.jpeg1568289597143.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

19 hours ago, mervyn yap said:

Hi Mike,
I feed my system once a week with reefroids.I don't think that corals need to eat alot unless they are the non photosynthetic type.Lights plays a important part too.
I do auto dose the 3 major elements everyday(Alk,Cal & Mag) but i manual dose Red Sea trace color ABCD & Reef Energy A&B once a week.
I do get my fair share of coral death in the begining but patience and stability is key.This is what it looks like 1 year later.

Ok ... wise to follow some establish (redsea) method .

Else got too much parameters to tweak and juggle .