Hailea HK-150A usage. Need help!

KJH

• SRC Member

Hi I just got a hk-150a chiller yesterday.

Set it at 26 Degrees and Ran it the whole night.

Woke up do a check. Display temp show 27 Degrees but I check the water temp only around 28 Degrees (without chiller will be around 30-31 Degrees)

anyone can advise whether is normal?

my tank is 52 litres and my flow rate is 500litres per hour

Edited by Darrance Koh

• SRC Member

Ok so on that case, press the set button down till the temperature reading starts blinking. Once done then press minus or down button to 25 degrees and then press set again. With this setting, considering there is a one degree variation, your chiller will cut off when temperature in the chiller sensor hits 25 degrees.
Technically this will help you achieve 26 degrees inside aquarium. HAILER CHILLERS have a 1 degree jump so when your chiller shows 26 degrees which is 27 degrees in aquarium, it will start the compressor again to drop temperature again. Hope this helps.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 8 months later...
  • SRC Member

From experience best is still use external temperature probe. Most accurate, save energy and money. Normally just buy a suitable probe and open the external casing, unplug the original temperature socket and plug in the after market external probe. Poof and you have yourself a efficient chiller

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hi 

Understand its placed in the balcony.

But how do you find the noise level when you're nearby the chiller when it kicks in?

Can share where did you get this chiller? 

Considering this model vs HS-28A (not sure if it is too old) to replace my under power AL60

thanks

• SRC Member
hi 
Understand its placed in the balcony.
But how do you find the noise level when you're nearby the chiller when it kicks in?
Can share where did you get this chiller? 
Considering this model vs HS-28A (not sure if it is too old) to replace my under power AL60
thanks

Hmm I think the noise level is Low when it kick in. At least I don’t even notice it until it stop running.
Got it from FNM.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app