AZIL'S RSR 250 Reef

Azil.HA

• SRC Member
10 hours ago, Amol said:

Nope no tank thread yet. Had a rough patch due to work where the tank maintenance was zero and the nitrates and phosphates shot up to 50+ and 0.5+... i am waiting for nopox and gfo to bring it down with large water changes now.

Till then will watch your and others journey here !! Hows the tank doing now

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

I feel you. I hope you're able to overcome. This. Minor setback. I'll look forward to your thread soon! 

Still procrastinating. Overwhelmed with work and overseas trip. 

I'm currently waiting for a fellow reefer to sell me off his radions. Should be receiving end of month. Can't wait! 

Did my aquascape but not satisfied with it. Will be ordering new rocks to redo the scape

• SRC Member

I got. Some AF rocks. Loved how porous and light they were. They came in various shapes. The pink hues on them are neat. Kudos to AF! They were more of a shelves type of rocks.

They way I scaped I noticed they were some empty areas and zones in the middle of the island. I reckon they were gonna be dead spots where all the detritus will accumulate. 

Not. Particularly in love with the scape. Will be purchasing another batch of caribsea shape rocks soon. 

Btw some Of the structures were bonded by AF stone fix. Good product! Easy to apply and dries quick. 

I Should be selling off the rocks soon. Don't think I'm. Able to post it in the marketplace right till I hit a. Certain number of. Post? 

IMG-20200123-WA0028.jpeg

IMG-20200123-WA0062.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I've been away due to work commitments and am back! 

Sold off my AF rocks to a nice reefer and ordered the caribsea shapes rocks. Here's my new scape! 

Orderee bunch of equipments and it's on its way now! Can't wait to set it up. 

20200324_201707.jpg

20200323_161513.jpg

• SRC Member
On 3/12/2020 at 12:39 AM, Wkangg said:

Hi bro, just wondering which chiller did you go for ? I just started with a RSR 250 too , was thinking of Hailea 28 or HK 150 would it be sufficient. Thanks !!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Hi bro. I'm.not sure of the chiller specs. But I've ordered teco tk500 for my chiller 

• SRC Member

Anyone know of a place to get barb fittings and pvc? I'm having trouble with the slip adapter provided by the vectra m2. Have to connected to a 1' pvc and I need a barb to connect the soft tubing for the return to the tank. 

Went to 3 places today all don't carry them. Hai cheong carry them? 

• SRC Member
On 3/26/2020 at 5:54 PM, Azil.HA said:

Let the adventure begin! 

Special thanks to missy and staffs of reefmarketsg for delivering the items despite the short notice! 

20200326_174824.jpg

Which Vectra model you use for your tank?

• SRC Member
On 3/29/2020 at 10:38 PM, Azil.HA said:

Had Vincent from AA to plumb me the tank. Good service rendered by him! 

Now time to fill the tank! 

20200329_223450.jpg

20200329_223727.jpg

Let the tank cycle first don't need install skimmer and the torq.

• SRC Supporter
On 3/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, Azil.HA said:

Anyone know of a place to get barb fittings and pvc? I'm having trouble with the slip adapter provided by the vectra m2. Have to connected to a 1' pvc and I need a barb to connect the soft tubing for the return to the tank. 

Went to 3 places today all don't carry them. Hai cheong carry them? 

You don't really require barb fitting.

Suggest to get some silicone hose & connect the 2 pipes like this. Cable tie is optional as the silicone hose to pipe fitting is already quite tight.

1315577170_P1010273(Small).jpg.48dde883b68bff7d7e48411e81a68a7c.jpg

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
On 3/31/2020 at 10:53 PM, SubzeroLT said:

You don't really require barb fitting.

Suggest to get some silicone hose & connect the 2 pipes like this. Cable tie is optional as the silicone hose to pipe fitting is already quite tight.

1315577170_P1010273(Small).jpg.48dde883b68bff7d7e48411e81a68a7c.jpg

Thanks for info bro. Got Vincent to do as ref sea has a default return plumbing already cemented. For me to order the adapter for the return will require alot of time. 

• SRC Member

Threw in a litre of siporax and 2kg of Maxspect nano balls. Should get the plate instead. Taking alot of space in my tiny little sump.

Today is the 5th day into the cycle. Dosed AF Bio S for 3 days to let the bacteria established in tank. Yesterday I noticed the water turned cloudy and dropped in a shrimp. Woke up to a cloudy mess today. Hopefully it'll subside soon. 

Bought a cabinet from IKEA and cable. Management box to hide all the wiring and sockets. Took a while to sort out the wiring. 

20200403_092931.jpg

20200403_092944.jpg

20200403_092922.jpg

• SRC Member

Reefers I need some help, Im using a 5nstage rodi. And I got 0ppm of water with the help. Of booster pump. 

My tnak have been cloudy for almost a week and I tested the tds of the barrel where I kept the rodi water and its crazy high. 

Please advise. Even the top up reservoir rodi water is not zero. Is this normal