Skimz CM117/157 CR with Peristaltic pump

sunny130y

Anyone using a peristaltic pump to control effluent of Skimz CM117/157 CR?

1. What CR pump speed are you using?

2. Thought of using a peristaltic pump to control the effluent drip rate but am worry about the output pressure at the effluent output tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

I'm using the kamoer fx stp on a reef octopus reactor. Pulling the water from the reactor to the tank. I run it at around 40ml/min.

This should be dependent on ur alk uptake levels. I measure almost every day till I dial it to a constant alk level and I leave it. Occasionally turn it up or down based on tank alk. Super easy

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

Thanks. The thing with Skimz CM117 is it uses a single pump that serves as both feed and circulation pump.

I just watched BRS video on CR recirculation rate impact on Alk value. Seems it is ok to dial it down since the variance in alk value is about 10-18%.

I’ll try slow down the pump to reduce pressure and connect to the Kamoer FX STP as draw.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using the kamoer fx stp on a reef octopus reactor. Pulling the water from the reactor to the tank. I run it at around 40ml/min.
This should be dependent on ur alk uptake levels. I measure almost every day till I dial it to a constant alk level and I leave it. Occasionally turn it up or down based on tank alk. Super easy

May I know what is the consumption rate of your Co2?

I’m still in the midst of fine tuning, latest set effluent flow rate at 32ml/min and ph 6.6 for the controller, I finished a 3L bottle of Co2 within 2 weeks. Sound excessive right?