Joe Juice and Brown Jelly

• SRC Member

After injecting Joe's Juice to kill the Aiptasias in my tank.  I was besieged by Brown Jelly on areas where the juice was applied.

Anyone has similar experience?  Is there a link or just coincidence?

Now the jelly is also appearing on places where I did not apply the juice.  Worst, now I have both Aiptasia and Brown Jelly....

Need help on how to get rid of Brown Jelly.

For Aiptasia, will be using natural means like Peppermint Shrimp or Copperband.

• SRC Member

product name sounds dubious to begin with hahahaha sorry to hear about your predicament.

you could also try filefish(specifically Acreichthys tomentosus) over copperbands since copperbands will usually starve and slowly waste away once there’s no more aiptasia in your tank.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Used on a zoas frag once n the entire zoas frag closed n didnt open for almost a week. N some zoas melted as the juice went into the zoas.

After injecting Joe's Juice to kill the Aiptasias in my tank.  I was besieged by Brown Jelly on areas where the juice was applied.
Anyone has similar experience?  Is there a link or just coincidence?
Now the jelly is also appearing on places where I did not apply the juice.  Worst, now I have both Aiptasia and Brown Jelly....

Need help on how to get rid of Brown Jelly.
For Aiptasia, will be using natural means like Peppermint Shrimp or Copperband.

• SRC Member
5 hours ago, zack85 said:

Used on a zoas frag once n the entire zoas frag closed n didnt open for almost a week. N some zoas melted as the juice went into the zoas.

Sometimes its unavoidable that some lands on nearby coral, just have to be more careful when applying, not to get too much on them.  That said, did it solve your Aiptasia problem?  Mine didn't.

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Otaku Reefer said:

I used red sea apitasia X, it works, but i take special care to ensure not to spray on corals, just target on the apitasia. so far no negative effects on corals.

I've used Aiptasia-X the last time I had Aiptasia, couple years ago.  Didn't work either.

So I got myself a pair of Peppermint and they did their job, cleared my tank of Aiptasias.  But the shrimps disappeared after about 6 months.  Either was attacked/eaten when molting, or starved as no more Aiptasia….but they were eating pellets I think....Anyway, wanted to avoid any death if possible, thus I tried Joe Juice this time.

But seems no choice, have to go back using Peppermint again.

My tank was getting overrun by aiptesia , frankly the chemical treatments are hard if you have more than 5 or 6 aiptesia, you are sure to miss a few

A copper band butterfly worked wonders and no sign of aiptesia. It feeds like a pig on certain foods - PE Mysis and EASYreef massticks

easyreef massticks seemed to be discontinued in singapore for some time and cant order it over amazon, but I managed to order it online via some other providers. Now have a happy butterfly and no aiptesia

• Like 1