Reef Wonder Mini

• SRC Member

It had been a long time since I posted as I was in the midst of a busy period.. and I was doing alot of different things like setup tank and design tank to 3d printing etc..

So at this point of time.. I have move and revamp my 4ft tank to a smaller 2.5ft shallow tank...

And I move as much all the lifestock i had in my 4ft to this smaller tank...

f2c5b2e7090d3d62ddfe8b2832d8a545.jpg

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Now in the midst of Covid with alot of so called time at home.. it is time to tidy up the area...and ensure the tank will be super stable..

No3 test is one of the basic test for marina tank.. so at this point... I took out all my previous test kit... Previously using salifert which is cheap and good for fast and general testing and also nyos no3 got it when it first come out... But I have some issue with that test kit accuracy...

Previously BRSTV did a full review on No3 test kit in the market...and redsea was one of the better test kit...

So I decided to put down the money to get one after thinking between FM, AF and Salifert and also a few other lesser known brand...

Red Sea Test Kit is not sold at many places thus I only manage to find it at FnM... So I made a trip to the New Shop location..

Let's see how it goes!d4bddf303e570c7edc6892b235c22e90.jpg

• SRC Member

I am currently exploring no3 and po4 removal media... Heard some good results from this..
Nitra-Guard BIO Cube..

It seems to be like a biopellet which don't need to be run in a reactor...

So wanna explore..

Nutrient Export will not be fully relay on this.. will be using a series of different methods to do Nutrient... Every thing will remove Abit.. thus will not overkill and also allow for capacity to ramp up nutrient export if needed..

1c14925256edc00a263a106f34e5bf03.jpg7fd8aa919abfda9352b731d2516da4da.jpg

• SRC Member
Very nice tank. Facing the window.

Do the evaporation increase a lot more since it’s near to the window?

What livestock you have in your 2.5ft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far evaporation is quite okay... Running a tunze ato, thus not really having an issue :)

• SRC Member

Run out of Alkatronic Pre-mixed Reagent, so did a new batch.. so far I have been using the weight method and it has served me really well without a difference in consistency.. thus allowing me to run the alkatronic without any issue of accuracy..

At the same time as I re-setup the alkatronic on this smaller tank, I took the extra effort to recalibrate all the pumps and lines to ensure that all the alkatronic dkh values is most accurate, of course also the ph probe also as it is one of the contributor of the accuracy of the device...

And being as DIY as I can get... I open up the alkatronic and did some DIY modification..

Added a Nema17 Stepper Motor Dampener to the Stepper Motor part of Pump A and C.. this allow the whole alkatronic to be almost silent as the vibration of the stepper motor is reduced drastically...

The modification idea came from me playing around with the 3d printer...

fce4ebd0745ed034dee465bdbbda33f9.jpg320f5dbb1d90206eefd0cefa3f1a8acf.jpge631c290d8341cb78bdf14a6078f10f9.jpg0a0ff5b18d952f7e0f895d40e1342203.jpg

• SRC Member

with the 3d printer, I printed out the holding structure for the netting as the space is limited and I can't use the original fittings...

With the diy fitting, I am able to ensure all the areas where the fishes can jump is covered...

Of course we can always get a eurobraced tankde647bfe04cf1aa791e14a2c5fa7c690.jpg2d853a8ab0a5833e5a6e20387cbf70d7.jpg04eb23c5137ae56a852f3ddcbce004fb.jpg

• SRC Member

Current Equipment:

Sump
- Nyos 160 Skimmer
- Weipro Ozone
- Calcium Reactor Geo618
- Return Pump Vectra L2 at 10% power
- Clarisea Roller Filter
- Tunze 3155 ATO
- Jebao OW40

Electrical Cabinet
- Apex 2016
- Coralbox dosing pump 4 channel
- Alkatronic

Display
- Ecotech Mp40 x 2
- Maxspect Gyre x 1
- Orphek OR120 Blue Plus x 1
- Intelligent Ocean R80 x 1

• SRC Member

Food Mixture for the Fishes and Coral

Mixture for Min S, Coral Powder food, Amino and Prawn Blended Paste..

Feeding them this mixture once every 2 to 3 days... To have good mixture of food

I think coral feeding is always important..

So in order to feed heavily we got to export heavy... 84097c1c4a09afe78d9ab24c6dd90fe8.jpg1d25a3a74cb9c4558e3e8f48b95e954e.jpgcf5179647c13cc6f5dedd2675a495bae.jpgc2d11f6f5cfb6ccce1e1c13743cc337a.jpg

• SRC Member

Taking some inspiration for cleaning tank from reef2reef

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i-think-im-on-to-something-am-i-crazy.707326/page-3#post-7316485

I am intending to try to see if it works to reduce the amount of algae of my glass to see if I can have longer cleaner glass surface

49f2797ecdaa5ff0ea69dd04c7094771.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Member
23 hours ago, zander said:

I bought the same bottle of peroxide and dip into my Favites and it deademoji23.png

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

wah...i think dipping it is another level...i personally will go for not so agressive dips like coral rx...etc... 

for the peroxide.. it is good to remove algae but i think it is easier to get things that clear and have algae for meals like seahare and abalone etc...

• Like 1

Just curious, if your nutrients is low enough shouldn’t the algae on the glass grow at a slower pace? Do update on how ur experiment goes? Thanks. R u going to use 3m cleaning pad instead of the erasing pad as recommended? I asking cos I dunno if they make a difference or not? I think magic eraser is the same as those magic sponge sold in daiso and general store.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
Just curious, if your nutrients is low enough shouldn’t the algae on the glass grow at a slower pace? Do update on how ur experiment goes? Thanks. R u going to use 3m cleaning pad instead of the erasing pad as recommended? I asking cos I dunno if they make a difference or not? I think magic eraser is the same as those magic sponge sold in daiso and general store.
Well, I can't say my nutrient is very low.. there is space for improvement but I do know that I should not have too low a nutrient tank

yes I use the eraser and this 3m cleaning pad... Just got to be more careful nearer to the sand bed with the 3m pads :)

First Treatment was done yesterday... Let's see how long it will last... b4350f693474a8c29e38c6763af4069d.jpg

• SRC Member

I have been feeding Abit too much amino as the results is an overreaction from the skimmer... But I think it will settle down after 3 to 4 hours...

It is almost like a wet skimming :)

Been feeding overload... Wanna feed heavy to ensure that the corals r healthy and fed then it will grow better and more stable later on...

In a tank which is lack of food, corals then to be weak and easily stn/rtn.. So the main purpose is like a reef ocean where there is low to almost no nutrients but the current brings in food and nutrient and flush them out also... Thus giving it a chance to feed heavily and then have a clean surface... Thus good nutrient export is important...

For Nutrient export... I have got a Clarisea for first cut, then a skimmer for second cut... Then for all the no3 and po4, I am running ocra nutrient export... And also bio-media... I also have nopox dosing too thus this allows for a heavier nutrient load and a fast interlooping export...

I too run Ozone to help break down all the finer particles into smaller block chains for easier exporting too..