Danano's Reef

danano

• SRC Member
11 minutes ago, R0B said:

Awesome. Do you feed your corals? Or follow a particular system like AF or Zeovit?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Aminos and marine/reef snow, daily. No system in particular. For bacteria, I change out the FM Bacto Reef Balls every two weeks. And when I first setup the tank, I seeded it with BioDigest and maintain that as well, along with Bioptim.

Very impressive and awesome!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

6 hours ago, danano said:

Thanks Admiral!

Clams, love em....

OI001251~3.JPG

OI001247~3.JPG

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-03/totm/index.php

I remembered reading about ur tank . Looking forward to more updates on ur current tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Wow. So. Awesome colours .. thanks for sharing this. These kind of tanks with such colours makes the hobby more interesting. Btw whats that blue spathulata looking coral next to pink milli. In the very first topdown view? Also any tips to achieve such great colours?

• SRC Member
47 minutes ago, Muw said:

Wow. So. Awesome colours emoji7.png.. thanks for sharing this. These kind of tanks with such colours makes the hobby more interesting. Btw whats that blue spathulata looking coral next to pink milli. In the very first topdown view? Also any tips to achieve such great colours?

You're most welcome, Muw. And thank you for the kind words!

If you're referring to the rose milli at the top left, right above it is an RBM frag. After struggling for survival the first few months, it's starting to show some progress, with polyps extending a little and coralites turning blue .

• SRC Member

As to the colours, I've always liked to look of the corals under T5s. Going with a full LED setup for the 50g, my aim was to achieve the same visual. I played around with the LED light settings/spectrum and program to achieve a similar effect.

Light is but one factor. Maintaining optimal water parameters coupled with mixed turbulent flow contribute to bringing out the best in corals.

Plus a low nutrient environment means "less brown", allowing the colour pigmentation in corals to standout.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

In the beginning.... a modular reefscape, hasn't changed much since, except for a few additional branches and small pieces of rock. 

IMG_20190803_214558.thumb.jpg.cb871faf521872581b5948f627af1ac8.jpg

#dananosreef

Edited by danano