UV Sterilizer mounted atop tank

soggycookies

• SRC Member

Kinda looks like a bomb was deployed here but I tried using aluminium bars cut to fit the laminated wooden hood/frame of my 300gal and it turned out pretty well so far. Lights have also been mounted this way 8-9” above the surface of the water

260990A3-5D94-4118-9F82-839C20CECB77.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
bro, can show more photo on the installation?

i’ll take more photos soon. been using these aluminium bars to great effect for a number of things. really good budget option. just some screws on the interior of a hood secures even some pretty heavy equipment. would prolly not work on rimless tanks though

• SRC Member

Earlier on I used the same aluminium bars as a way to suspend and support the remaining mangrove plants I transferred over from my decommissioned mangrove setup.

FA6A130D-731E-4DD5-B312-FF4A99675E07.jpg

it was a challenge initially because I had to move well-established specimens that were grown in a deep sandbed from non-budded propagules.

I had to let go of more than half of my mangrove plants due to space constraints in the new display(cause there’s also a 9” batfish in there) but thankfully it worked out in the end. Many leaves dropped off due to the change in environment but they’re growing back. Eventually when the roots take hold in the rockwork below(which will probably take quite some time) I will probably remove the aluminium bracing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Currently running the turbotwist with a 1,800Lph pump (approx. 475 Gph). Thinking of swapping to something with lower flow between 1,000~1,400 Lph considering my goal with the uv install to begin with was pathogenic management.

1A7E3B13-DD09-455A-B499-24A882F762D3.thumb.jpg.ec342a1d9df34c92b1f72e59caee6e3a.jpg