My Nano tank

ZmasonJ

• SRC Member

HI EVERYONE HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL. This is my Red Sea Max Nano tank (45x45x45) . It has been currently running for 8 months still a very young. I am planning to make my tank full of softies with a lot of hammers , 1 open brain and maybe one Sps. 

The equipment that I am using now is: Ai prime HD , Max nano protein skimmer, Tunze ATO and a Teco chiller. 

Live stocks I have now is : 

Hammers, Frogspawn, Open Brian, Yellow tang, six line wrasse, pepper mind shrimp, wyoming white clown and some turbo snails and Sea urchins. 

Below are some photographs of my tank hope you guys like it

IMG_9283.JPGIMG_9281.JPGIMG_9276.JPGIMG_9275.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Nice tank, need to stock up more reds in ur tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Supporter

You can consider to reduce the red/green light levels to about 5-10%.  Some anecdotal feedback states it can help reduce diatoms in some tanks (there are other contributors to it).

The mat under the tank is to distribute the weight of the tank because the wood surface is not 100% flat and things can shit a little as the wood ages. Your tank isn't too large/heavy and since its already 8 months, i think the risk of glass cracking is low (but don't quote me)

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member

thanks for sharing your light settings. I’m also keen to learn more about the nitty-gritty of specific effects/purposes of different channels as far as wavelengths go.

here’s a link on nano-reef.com about it. it’s from 2014 but i believe it still provides a basic understanding of color channels on a controllable led fixture:
https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/352618-led-colors-and-what-they-are-used-for/

Personally I would go for a higher violet setting and lower the deep red channel in favor of a bit more cool white

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ZmasonJ, nice tank. Will you be able to share how you hook up the chiller for the redsea max nano? Do you channel the return pump to your chiller before return to the main tank? 

Keen to get a redsea max nano but exploring a nice way to install the chiller with minimal equipment. 

Thanks in advance

Tank setup

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (3 way viewing)

ATI Sunpower 6 x 39w

Arctica 1/5Hp

Skimz SM161 skimmer

Smart ATO system

Jebao DC 12k

Jebao dosing pump (Fauna Marine Lite balling - Thinking)

Jebao RW 15 wavemaker

Upgrading in Process.....

More infomation coming soon!

• SRC Member
Can I check with you how long has your yellow tang stayed inside? I always wanted a tang in my Redsea Nano Reefer (28 Gallon) but advise was not to have one because tang need at least 50 gallon and above. Thanks

Sent from

JJtheReefer

imo when still small, tangs can be kept in smaller tanks but as they grow they will definitely get too big for a nano- especially acanthurus species like blue tangs that need a lot of space to swim. you could also try smaller species like those in the ctenochaetus (bristletooth) tang genus.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

thanks for sharing your light settings. I’m also keen to learn more about the nitty-gritty of specific effects/purposes of different channels as far as wavelengths go.

here’s a link on nano-reef.com about it. it’s from 2014 but i believe it still provides a basic understanding of color channels on a controllable led fixture:
https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/352618-led-colors-and-what-they-are-used-for/

Personally I would go for a higher violet setting and lower the deep red channel in favor of a bit more cool white

Thanks for the details explanation. I shall start with small brown tang haha thanks

Sent from
JJtheReefer