New marine 2ft cube tank

• SRC Member

Hi all, i have been in this reefing hobby for about a month now, got a second hand 2ft cube tank with sump from another fellow reefer, currently running on a deltec 1455 protein skimmer and 2 Marine pure block. I am considering to get more biological filtration to swap out the marinepure block as there have been reports that the blocks leech aluminium as they break down, any recommendations of how i can improve my tank in general?

Equipments used:

Running a hs-66a chiller;

Deltec 1455 protein skimmer;

Smart Ato lite;

Hydra 32hd;

Jebao DCP-6500 return pump;

2 jebao sw-4 wave maker;Image1594046572.919646.jpgImage1594046587.203870.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Lifestocks:
5 normal ocellaris clownfish;
1 yellow tang;
1 blue tang;
2 banggai cardinal fish;

Clean up crew:

3 cleaner/skunk 🦐;
4 turbo ;
1 narcissis ;

Nice tank! How did u manage to get 5 clownfish to get along? Did u buy 1 big one then 4 small ones so that there is a class female?

• SRC Member

Nice tank! How did u manage to get 5 clownfish to get along? Did u buy 1 big one then 4 small ones so that there is a class female?

Just buy a bunch of small one at once.
The dominating one will automatically get larger and become a female while the rest will not grow big and remain males.

• SRC Member
You can consider using nopox or other forms of carbon dosing to help control nutrients which will result in less algae.

Also, your filter floss is quite dirty, should replace.

Sadly my blue tang contacted ick and even with qt. My tank wasn’t able to make it all the fishes died

• SRC Member

11DDDDF6-2E69-4DF4-A6E6-1358AD3A3C6C.jpg

My tank has an outbreak of pods and i think i will be getting a 6 line wrasse to fix the outbreak of the pods.

Tank has also had a cyanobacteria and gha outbreak but is now solved after using chemiclean. Algae has been alot better after introducing gfo into the system to keep po4 low

Hi all, i have been in this reefing hobby for about a month now, got a second hand 2ft cube tank with sump from another fellow reefer, currently running on a deltec 1455 protein skimmer and 2 Marine pure block. I am considering to get more biological filtration to swap out the marinepure block as there have been reports that the blocks leech aluminium as they break down, any recommendations of how i can improve my tank in general?
Equipments used:
Running a hs-66a chiller;
Deltec 1455 protein skimmer;
Smart Ato lite;
Hydra 32hd;
Jebao DCP-6500 return pump;
2 jebao sw-4 wave maker;Image1594046572.919646.thumb.jpg.2d5ed5d1f20850056aa9fb46282b6b7f.jpgImage1594046587.203870.thumb.jpg.50a7bed8e5625c5100dd4ab10106c8c3.jpg

Nice set up

• Like 1

• SRC Member

IMG_0702.JPG
2 out of 3 of my Cleaner shrimp developed some kind of “tumor” , did a mini “surgery” to remove the tumour just gently remove the shell and use a mini blade to scrape out the parasite under the shrimp shell🤢. The bump will remain but after its molting it will recover.♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
IMG_0702.thumb.JPG.a0fea472d2fe72b3208aa82afaa94b27.JPG
2 out of 3 of my Cleaner shrimp developed some kind of “tumor” , did a mini “surgery” to remove the tumour just gently remove the shell and use a mini blade to scrape out the parasite under the shrimp shell🤢. The bump will remain but after its molting it will recover.♂️

They have recovered and super healthy now