Beginner here. This is my nano tank

dtye

Nice, what corals are you intending to keep ? I’ve just started my tank too :x

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

I have some beginner sps , zoas and gsp in the tank right now, planning to add euphyllia corals and more sps if it all goes well , so far the corals are doing great I think

When I first started, I used the seneye to track my ph and other parameters. My ph was always going down, to below 7.6 even though my corals were fine. I did many things (all except adding ph buffers) to fix it, but the problem kept coming back. Eventually, I bought another ph test kit to check, and realized I never had a ph problem.  So, naturally, I stopped using seneye. Just sharing my experience.  Btw, problem on ph started after first month... it just gradually crept down.

When I first started, I used the seneye to track my ph and other parameters. My ph was always going down, to below 7.6 even though my corals were fine. I did many things (all except adding ph buffers) to fix it, but the problem kept coming back. Eventually, I bought another ph test kit to check, and realized I never had a ph problem.  So, naturally, I stopped using seneye. Just sharing my experience.  Btw, problem on ph started after first month... it just gradually crept down.

Lucky nothing serious ! Did u explore the PAR meter , was kinda intrigued by this function haha

Yes, I used the par meter. It helped me understand how much light dropped at different parts of the tank. I think the seneye is still useful to start a new tank, but don”t just blindly trust it. Tank has been running stable for 10 months now, and I have already harvested some excess corals to sell.. :)

• Like 2

I’m also having an issue with Low ph , but not as Low as 7.6

I did a few things. 1. Connected an air tube to my skimmer, and pulled it to somewhere else with fresher air.  Didn’t help much.  2. Added more aeration and agitation to water surface. Didn’t help much. 3. Increase white light, so there more photosynthesis during day time, and use up more carbon dioxide, didn’t help much. 4. Added a container to put in chaeto (basically an algae reactor), operating opposite time to my tank lights so something can consume CO2 at night... helped a little, but PH still registered low.  5. Use a different test kit to check my ph.... problem solved.  Lol.

this went on for about 2 months before I knew what was wrong. Seneye.

• Like 1

I did a few things. 1. Connected an air tube to my skimmer, and pulled it to somewhere else with fresher air.  Didn’t help much.  2. Added more aeration and agitation to water surface. Didn’t help much. 3. Increase white light, so there more photosynthesis during day time, and use up more carbon dioxide, didn’t help much. 4. Added a container to put in chaeto (basically an algae reactor), operating opposite time to my tank lights so something can consume CO2 at night... helped a little, but PH still registered low.  5. Use a different test kit to check my ph.... problem solved.  Lol.

this went on for about 2 months before I knew what was wrong. Seneye.

Wow I didn’t know it can be so inaccurate what test kit are you using now?