Breeding Purple Anthias

u wanna breed them? :blink:

i have hordes of them previously and even after feeding them 5 times a day..there is some mortality rate here and there...not easy to keep them alive for long let alone breed them..but if you can..it's great news :)

some died along the way and netted alot out as i had to consider water quality as i added more and more tangs....

they are nice....can't wait for a new skimmer so as to repopulate them :)

post-57-1085919832.jpg

• SRC Member

Breeding anthias? That's a challenge.

In fact, breeding most marine creatures is a challenge. So far only heard success with clowns and cardinals.

Good luck. :)

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Yup,

big challenge...I think we need dominant male and female in a tank. This anthias do change ###### like clown fish.Currently got female in my tank....swimming together. Hopefully one of them will change ###### and hopefully not change to "ah kuah". :lol::lol::lol:

Will continue my reading. Aiya...good beautiful fish not easy to breed.... :cry::cry:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
u wanna breed them? :blink:

i have hordes of them previously and even after feeding them 5 times a day..there is some mortality rate here and there...not easy to keep them alive for long let alone breed them..but if you can..it's great news :)

some died along the way and netted alot out as i had to consider water quality as i added more and more tangs....

they are nice....can't wait for a new skimmer so as to repopulate them :)

What do you use to feed the purple queens? Mine are very fussy, tried cycloeeze,brine shrimps,mysis shrimps...................all doesnt work. Can share your secrets?

Eric

• 9 months later...