Algae Eating Crew

Hi all,

May I know what is your best algae eating crew you have and whether you encountered any problems? So far I've heard the following:

1. Emerald Crab (best cleaning crew out there but read that some are polyp nippers.

2. Lawnmower Blenny (read the thread from admin and thankfully mine feeds on pellets)

3. Scarlet Hermit Crab

Are there any other cleaner crews that you recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, here are some of my experience with the clean up crew. Skipping over the snails as i find them not so much useful at eating alage. Currently i am dosing Vibrant and it helped with my alage situation greatly. But i always prefer the natural way of cleaning the tank, and fixing the problem at it's root.

Abalone - Eat algaes fast and mostly hides during the day among the rocks.  But require cooler waters to survive.

Sea Hare - Eat algae super fast all day, almost too fast and always starving itself once the algaes are gone. They poop constantly and that might be unsightly. (Helped cleared my hair alage in my 2ft tank in just a couple days.)

Yellow Foxface Rabbitfish - Good alage eater fish, but ultimately like all other fishes, learnt to eat pellets and become less effective on alages over time. But still see it picking on alage every here and then.

Lawnmower blenny - Good alage eater fish, but somehow it doesnt eat all the algaes in my tank, leaving some unsightly patches around.

• 4 weeks later...