SRC TOTM Jun 05 by Danano

Brudder really awesome tank you have there considering u r using T5 lighting. I thought u cannot get such a nice looking sps with T5 lighting. Btw how much does it cost to have 4 x T5 lighting set. I might as well follow your foot step in using T5 since we have the same tank size. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Bro ..too many sponsors ..which one are u referring to? I like the look of ur T5 B)

I got my ATI T5 Powerlux retrofits from eAN. I like them coz of the excellent reflectors and sleek design. I believe AquaConnect is coming out with something similar very soon but theirs is a 4 tube design, instead of 3.

• SRC Member

Thanks Lee. :paiseh: It is but a result of inspiration from the "old timers" and other amazing reefers/tanks here and in other international reefing forums.

Next TOTM? Hmmm... soon I think. :)

• SRC Member
Dan, are the powerlux thingies dimmable?

I'm using the non-dimmable sort. ATI makes dimmable ones but you'll have to check with eAN on availability. Are you thinking off getting a set or two to supplement your MHs?

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Just read through again - WOW! Great pics too! :bow:

Thanks Tuan. ;)

The 30g was officially decommissioned 2 months ago and now it's the 100g... which I'm enjoying very much. :D The transfer went quite smoothly and all's well.

Now I've got to go look at your awesome reef tank again for inspiration... :P

• 1 year later...

Hi bro Dan,

I'm simply awed by the beauty of your reeftank. I'm sure your new 4footer will be

even more awesome than this one. Please send us a pic when you'ved got it done.

I'm just starting to get hooked to this hobby and am not sure of the various abbreviations that you have used in your write-up, maybe you could enlighten me in your reply.

I have a 5foot tank in my house that I wished to convert to a reef-tank like yours.

Would it be very costly to up-keep and manitain? How much do you think I need to spend monthly for this hobby after the initial set-up? What are the equipment I need to have a successful tank like yours?

Thanking your for your time and advice.

Cheers.

Richard Chew.

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member
Congratulations, Danano! :)

====================================================

All SRC Tank of the Moment Award Winners will be given a set of AquaConnect ENERGY ELEMENTS 1/2/3 250ml FREE, kindly sponsored by Bio-Ocean Technix!

energy.jpg

AquaConnect Energy Elements: 3-part complete trace elements replenisher.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>If we could formulate a good reef aquarium supplement in a single bottle, we would. But good is not enough for us and chemistry teaches us that mixing WILL compromise the potency of certain substances. Since that we only settle for the ultimate best, we formulated this 3-part supplement system instead. By not blending & mixing active substances like other 'convenient' products, we succeeded in delivering high-energy potent substances to intensify color, promote growth and increase vitality in reef organisms. Energy Element 1, 2, 3 have been thoroughly tested by experienced reefists and coral breeders worldwide. </span>

=====================================================

in all how much do you spends.. i am soo jeles.. hahaha

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...