Great article

verrucosa

• SRC Member

Yes, very interesting article... Most freshwater LS and plants are bred in captivity and hence minor damage is done to the environment.

in Marine aquarium hobby however our impact on the environement is great. The damage done to the reefs around the region is horrible, the conditions in which the LS is shipped and kept are horrible... Makes me feel very guilty of loving this hobby. There are ways that would be better for the environment and allow the hobby to continu (at higher cost of course...). To start with, The LFS could be required to have special licences to sell Marine LS. This would ensure that they have proper facilities and knowledge to sell marine LS...

Just some ideas...

• SRC Member

well, I think Singapore Gov did a good job on this.... If I'm not wrong, all hard coral and clam require CITIES cet and permit to be imported. However, to reduce the cost, LFS and farms try to smuggle in LS. Not that bad over here afterall caused AVA does raid those LFS and farms from time to time. Compare to other contries...