My Vision of SRC

blueheaven

I envision that SRC would one day open a mini clubhouse where we could have frequent meetings to discuss all sorts of topics on reefkeeping. We could even hold talks and seminars to educate and share findings and information.

We could even set up a shop selling some products or equipments and the funds collected could go into further progress of the club. Maybe, if we are capable, we could even organise frag x-change sessions monthly!! :yeah:

We can also embark on things like refugium kits or many other cultures that cannot be found in LFS or even on research projects that can not only benefit reefers in Singapore but also share it with reefers from other parts of the world.

So let us "maju" from this "hentak" position and grow into a full fledged club where reefers get to know each other and learn new skills and knowledge :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Only if people are forward looking... ;)

Yeah, we must look ahead...

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Yeah, we must look ahead...

bro...agree with you. Look ahead and move forward.

Great vision you have there, hope one day we can really achieve it.

Seems like the forum has improved since the last episode, dun think we want to start digging out things and dwell in it again.

Flubbey, blueheaven had something positive going there...IMpersonalO, we should all try to make this a better place, right??

Hi Guys!!! This is the kind of comarado we need for a club. You guys are totally right. Too much Politics!!! I may not post much, but I 've been around for a while. Decide to keep out of the way, cos it better not to get involve .

Heck I still remember Blueheaven and rest of the kakis......Roti Prata at Jln Kayu and farm visits after that.... Seems like a long time ago....

All GENUINE fun and love for reefing.

Sigh.... many of the serious reefers have since dropped out or stop coming on to the forum. The spirit of SGReefClub is no longer the same as it was few years back....

If any one wants to lead and start something.....COUNT ME IN! :peace:

• SRC Member

All, let's be more positive and constructive in our comments. Change starts by looking and reflecting on your own thoughts, actions, posts and words/comments. Remember, it's not about what others are doing, it's about what you can do to make a difference.

Every single one of us has a part to play, no matter how large or small, in making the reefing community in Singapore a more fun and more "happening" place.

blueheaven, thanks for sharing your vision... it's something that we can all strive towards. In some ways, it's already happening here at SRC. :)

• SRC Member
I envision that SRC would one day open a mini clubhouse where we could have frequent meetings to discuss all sorts of topics on reefkeeping. We could even hold talks and seminars to educate and share findings and information.

We could even set up a shop selling some products or equipments and the funds collected could go into further progress of the club. Maybe, if we are capable, we could even organise frag x-change sessions monthly!! :yeah:

We can also embark on things like refugium kits or many other cultures that cannot be found in LFS or even on research projects that can not only benefit reefers in Singapore but also share it with reefers from other parts of the world.

So let us "maju" from this "hentak" position and grow into a full fledged club where reefers get to know each other and learn new skills and knowledge :lol:

haha....i was kind of like thinking of the same thing

There could be registeration of a society or non-profit organisation.

But then with votes and such, eventually the SRC branding belongs to AT, what I see is some power will be diluated.

Further reportings, money and certain decisions would have to be properly supported, explained. Monthly/Annual agenda.

• SRC Member

I have started a youth club, a children's club and an interest group and I have to agree with Bwilly. Money is one issue that we have to be clear about and with Dan that everyone plays a part. There shall be no monopoly and clash of egos if we want it to be functioning effectively.

Volunteerism with a passion is the essence for such clubs...

My $0.02. :rolleyes:

I remember bwilly volunteering for lots of things the last time there was a BBQ gathering......bro..taking the lead??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I remember bwilly volunteering for lots of things the last time there was a BBQ gathering......bro..taking the lead??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

though I dun take part much (posting) n cheong LFS these days as much.

if there's a need n I can afford the time... ;)

Anyway the ball is in AT court, like I said, the website/forum belongs to him.

No one can't jump start w/o his consent.

personally speaking, it'd be a tall order and you'd need a lot *and I mean a lot* of willing hands to work together.

personnal agendas must be set aside, along with pride and ego if such a..."set up" is the main intention.

for car enthusiast, you can ask around the car forums which are registered clubs *so far I think only Subaru and Toyota...not too sure* and you can ask them the teething problems they went through setting it up as an official club.

the utopian idea would be to see this bearing fruit, but I'd settle for what I have right now for the time being. (=

:D Wow it will really be great if a mini club or such can be set-up. Good to have a chance to meet with fellow reefers. Personally I don't think I have meet any of you guys but you never know. Could have seen one at a LFS, or sat next to one on MRT, or could be the b****** who cut in front of me on the road :angry: ...

Ha! Ha! :D Joking...

Would be nice to place a face behind the Avatar...

Anyway hope politics and financial things don't spoil it all. :(

Cheap cheap make 24hrs kopi tiam into meeting place/club house.

• SRC Member
I am young here with low finance power but if SRC rrally wish to walk towards her gold.. i would definately try to help ;)  ;)

I wonder what's that suppose to mean? ;)

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
woops type wrongly suppose to be goal :lol::lol::paiseh::paiseh:

Really? Or was it intentional. :fear:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

I wonder what's that suppose to mean? ;)

Is SRC a 'her'? :whistle

terryansimon, with this club, we can be like reefer knights of the round kopi-tiam table in search of the 'holy grail' - the perfect reef tank!

:off: wonder who will be sir robin.

Anyway... wonder how to jumpstart this idea? SHould consider the different zones of SRC. North, south, east, west and central.