Sign in to follow this  
darkness

Lfs At Chinatown

Went down to Chinatown LFS and saw that "4 days sign" has been replaced with a "correct infor" sign which ended with a web site link to sgreef club. So, is William agreed to associate with sgreef club ? The credit should go to ? (Powder Blue ??)

whoever it is, I should say, well done. Perhaps can give him a 1 page printout to put at the counter for distribution.

Well Done guys!

thats real good news congrats to the one..

;>

huh? How so... :D

Good job guys!

Is it because of his rippling muscle and intimidation?

That's a good start. If we can get every LFS to put up a similar sign, newbies would have a place to go to for information.

The Correct Information that is.

;)

i gave him many copies,

A4,A3...

seems he put up the mini ones.

maybe more newbies to the hobby will benefit

and find their way here.

:)

;)

i gave him many copies,

A4,A3...

seems he put up the mini ones.

maybe more newbies to the hobby will benefit

and find their way here.

:)

Bro,

That is good news.Good job.

Maybe u can post it and we pick up from here and

give to those LFS that is giving wrong info to newies.

Well Done Bro

Time to call on Captain Bum again to save our poor marine friends! :lol:

Hey guys, I wanna play a part too... I got to know this LFS shop at some neighbourhood area... (Nope, he's not one of those who swop from Luohan to Marine) and in fact been around for quite some time...

Got a long well with him and would want to get a printout like what at saw at the LFS at Chinatown for his shop as well...

Who can I approach to get a soft copy of that printout?

Thanks!

maybe we can get the chinatown lfs owner to give a entitled 5% -10% discount too for sgreef members ...lolz !!!!

here it is...

uh, its not much really.

it is just the bare minimum ;)

Thank You Bro Bum.This is going to be useful and easy for all Bros who need to

them to pass the right info to newies or LFS who give wrong info.

Thanks

Bro,

That is good news.Good job.

Maybe u can post it and we pick up from here and

give to those LFS that is giving wrong info to newies.

Well Done Bro

This is amazing coming from you. I couldn't help but laugh.<_<

"Giving wrong info to newbies???"

This is off topic but I couldn't help it when I read this. Sorry Bum but this is targeted at Sherman.

Just like when you said live rock doesn't have to have any colour? And that the rocks you were selling which were pure white are live rocks cos they got organisms living in them? Or that they were used as base rocks so thats why they are white? I guess your tank is as big as the ocean and millions of organisms readily reproduce to turn your white rocks live, but they are so efficient that even algae of any colour doesn't grow on your rocks.

I have never seen any rocks in a marine tank this white as the ones you were trying to sell at $7.50 /kg. To think I went all the way to Bukit Pangjang just to hear you ask me "Do you know what is live rock?" :angry:

You are simply amazing! And here you are trying to be a stuanch supporter of giving right information to newbies???!?!?! WOW!

I really wonder about the first 50kgs you already sold off. Perhaps they were indeed live rock, but the remaining 25kg I saw were more white than my kalkwasser powder paste. And the funny thing is the only piece you did not want to sell to me was a very slightly coralline encrusted rock.

I may not know everything about reefing, but I am certainly no newbie especially when its a simple thing as a live rock.

ie refer to your own post

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3531

DgenR8

RC Staff

Proud American

Occupation: terrorists killed my limousine company on 9/11/01, now I'm a truck driver, again

My understanding of the term "LiveRock" is that it is live with bacteria that process Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

If there's coralline on it, that's all the better, but not necessary to be termed as live.

Bro,

I saw that in another forum.So you are right about live rock definition or the quote above.

Regards

DgenR8

RC Staff

Proud American

Occupation: terrorists killed my limousine company on 9/11/01, now I'm a truck driver, again

My understanding of the term "LiveRock" is that it is live with bacteria that process Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.

If there's coralline on it, that's all the better, but not necessary to be termed as live.

Bro,

I saw that in another forum.So you are right about live rock definition or the quote above.

Regards

Dude sorry to know about the 9/11 thing.

I fully agree live rock is supposed to be filled with bacteria etc. But when you are selling rocks and passing them off as live, there is just no way you can tell someone that "these white rocks are live, algae doesn't mean live rock"

Thats all fine if you are using it yourself but definitely a con job if you are selling it.

Any rock placed in a tank long enough will not be white. It will only be white if its just been placed in the tank for a few days and passed off as live rock cos theres bacteria in it. Hell if thats the case, any damn thing will be live just by dipping it in the tank.

Thats the whole idea of cycling with sufficient live rocks and considering a enclosed tank size, theres no way its going to be live in such a short time while its still white as kalk powder.

DgenR8

RC Staff

Proud American

Bro,

Regards

A very warm welcome to you, Marine Live.

Sad to hear about the fate of your company. :(

I am also a Reef Central member...nick : RicZoos.

More active in the Zoanthid and Corallimorpharians thread.

Tell us more about your tank and the corals you craze over most.

Regards.

LOL!

You guys got it wrong, he is just cutting and pasting what DgenR8 from RC wrote about the definition of LR!

:D :D :D