Sgreefclub Membership card

rapalla

• SRC Member

if i'm not wrong, to be able to collect membership fees...

the club needs to be registered with RCB.

then we will need full timers working for the club and also accounting for finance blah blah blah.

having a discount card is not really viable. its not in AT or the mods hands. at the end of the day, its still up to the LFS to decide if they wanna support any form of discount cards and offer us discounts anot.

and not all LFS are SRC friendly.

:lol:

• SRC Member
if i'm not wrong, to be able to collect membership fees...

the club needs to be registered with RCB.

then we will need full timers working for the club and also accounting for finance blah blah blah.

having a discount card is not really viable. its not in AT or the mods hands. at the end of the day, its still up to the LFS to decide if they wanna support any form of discount cards and offer us discounts anot.

and not all LFS are SRC friendly.

:lol:

yup! .. i think thats quite true..

• SRC Member

Probably not. Anyway who wants to go and do all the RCB paperwork for an internet club where most of the people haven't even met face to face before. I think the most feasible thing right now is the t-shirt (polo tee next? :) ), car decal and possible an e-mag that comes out occasionally.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• 9 months later...
  • SRC Member

How to we know that all these things are going to taken as suggestions. :whistle

there is no reply from anyone here that" actions are being taken for this idea" or "we will look into it".Or is it something like what deep blue said "NATO". <_<

Anyway im good at making newsletters,count me in as a volunteer if you want me to do so. Maybe can ask for subsciption fees for a online newsletter. :P

Just my 2 cents,dun need to flame at me for my wild ideas. :P

I mean it's only a suggestion..... :angel:

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

polo tees!!!......i long to have one SRC polo..... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

From what I know, the administrative people are very busy now and there are lots of stuff that are proposed to be done but are pushed aside.

Do not despair though, I've got a feeling that all this would be solved soon :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

personally, all things can be done. BUT with limited manpower that SRC had (eps Mods) things esp logistcis can be very difficult to alias and manage.

Unless, SRC dedicators like you guys can offer to handle some of the projects (of coz, need approval from top managment) then things can go. We can suggest anything from decals, newsletter, T-shirts, flyers etc etc. But what's out objectives? More members? More discount when joining SRC? theres' always a motive from doing these.

That's my personal opion. No hard feelings...:D

Basically, I am actually planning to bring up the issue of a total SRC Revamp to the higher admin but since you guys brought it up, I might as well share some of my thoughts.

Basically, we have yet to achieve our goal which is to promote responsible reefkeeping. This is evident as you see reefers quitting the hobby or take up the challenge of some of the more "imposiible" to keep creatures.

And to be frank, I kind of dislike it when the sponsors put up advertisments saying that they sell stuff like jellyfish, nudibranch and octopus

So we must bear our goal in mind and work towards it

Think of it as an issue of changing water. If you do not do regular water changes, your tank's water ages, becomes yellowish and ORP drops. So what you should do is to change water so that your tank is crystal clear and ORP rises.

I think SRC had aged and it's high time we had a "water change". Things such as decals, newsletters, t-shirts and cards all play a part in either increasing the value of an SRC membership or showing that SRC is still prime in the area of reefkeeping in Singapore.

So let's welcome the new year and I believe that many changes will happen so let us all be strong and have faith in AT and the mods :)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
i prefer sgreefclub visa/credit card.

oh.., i like this.

and we can do up an ads like Richard Gree? with the "set pigeons free" thing.

but this time we set a bagful of Gem and Black tangs free at East Coast.

Or you prefer the classic one:

#@*%FU$% cut throat price for Ehiem 1260 replacement gasket: $50 (Wat!!??)

"Genie magic" brand super 6 hr fast cycling aid: $175 (I know.., but its getting bored looking at the empty tank)

A smile from the lady boss: Priceless...

• SRC Member

HAHA!..nice one hotlemond

i also think its time that..the "tip of the week" should be change..

it like has been.."tip of the months"

more more more!..

lets take SRC to a higher level!..

like blueheaven said we should promote responsible reefkeeping to increase the awareness of the fragile marine life..

=)

"when the killing stops the buying can to.."

i like this slogan/quote..

indirectly itt tells me that..if we have the knowledge to maintain the livestock in our tank..

we wont have to add in money constantly to keep the livestock surviving in our tank..

;)