Some sps shots in my humble setup

These sps have been with me for more than a month or so....some turned brown...some regaining colour....

will continue to monitor.

under my 8 X Aquaz 39W T5s ( 6X 20KK and 2X actinic) ... 8 -10 hours a day

zeovit medium in bags......

the first is a cluster of them...

post-22-1101812087.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

closeup of my blue polyped acro....yet to get a good ID. polyp doesnt extend far at all. Was light brown initially...slowly showing some purple tint since last week....keeping fingers' crossed

post-22-1101812200.jpg

one of my favourite too....has been turning into deeper pink eversinceintroduced into the tank...luckily not brown :whistle

showing good growth tip

post-22-1101812275.jpg

closeup of my blue polyped acro....yet to get a good ID. polyp doesnt extend far at all. Was light brown initially...slowly showing some purple tint since last week....keeping fingers' crossed

tenuis???

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

last piece.... turning brown poci but hoping once it aclimatised to my tank condition...will colour up....love this sps but yet to have true success with it.

a bit of the side kana my hammer... :sick: gone straight away :erm:

post-22-1101812533.jpg

LS....you may be right....I suspect its a tenius as well....

no more pics liaoz....will update in a while if there's good growth going on.

i luv ur birdnest!!! :wub: ......... dun tempt me further........ :cry::pinch:

this was the original colour ...maybe..it will turn back to this colour again.

post-22-1101813821.jpg

• SRC Member
one of my favourite too....has been turning into deeper pink eversinceintroduced into the tank...luckily not brown :whistle

showing good growth tip

This from blue sign board shipment?? ;)

Nice!!!!

BTW, is it advisable to place birdnest in the path of a tunze?

(distance abt 1 ft away)

You are right. That shipment.... ;)

Actually I liked the light pastal pink colour...but if it morph into the bundong pink....who'll complain :lol:

I placed the birdnest away from the tunze....it has a seio 820 blowing somewhere near it...I dun recommend anything near a tunze ;)

aiyah...last time buy new one...will push old ones aside or sell them....so didnt get to see them grow. so trying my best not to do that this time round. Further with 39W T5....I only dare place acros high up....dun dare to put them near the centre and lower part of the tank....so very very limited space only.

LPS??? to get nice LPS is super tough....many more reefers into LPS than SPS...so I have long given up the cheongster days of rushing for nice LPS.

For SPS....for the time being...just not keen to add anything...its a new tank... chances of they turning brown or losing intensity is quite high....so ...I am more on lookout for frags from bros here than buying nice nice wild colonies and risk having these gems brown out in my hands...

leaving the nice ones to you guys

• SRC Member

i agree deepblue~~~ esp those fiji sps not easy to keep~~ esp those

light colour ones~~ once turn brown~~ hard to get the light colour back

always cant imagine if go for one holiday or reservist~~

what will happen to sps~~~

after one three week reservist can see the changes make to sps liao