Macro AS-200

mohamed

Any of you find that the outlet pipe is too short, my just shoots water out and I end up with alot of air bubbles in the water which is also the same area where the main pump is for return water, so the water in the main tank is full of tiny bubbles. I've tried to move the outlet to fire against the side of the tank so that it flows down, hopefully less bubbles, it's helping...Not sure why even if I did plunge the entire pipe into the water, it still generates bubbles.

• SRC Member
Any of you find that the outlet pipe is too short, my just shoots water out and I end up with alot of air bubbles in the water which is also the same area where the main pump is for return water, so the water in the main tank is full of tiny bubbles. I've tried to move the outlet to fire against the side of the tank so that it flows down, hopefully less bubbles, it's helping...Not sure why even if I did plunge the entire pipe into the water, it still generates bubbles.

YT2, if you find the solution pls let me know... my tank is full of fine bubbles too... so much so that i turn on the skimmer only after i turn off the lights...

..... i tried putting more filter after the skimmer outlet, but the fine bubbles can get thru still....

otherwise, my 200p is highly efficient....

mohamed, how abt raising the pump to as near the water surface as possible. i will make a lot of difference to the amt of bubbles formed...

hey initially had the same problem.then i went to NTUC and found this certain fabric for squeezing coconut pulp.white piece of cloth with a string like a small bag.tied it to the skimmer return and no more bubbles.cost me less than $2 (cloth not skimmer) :P

• SRC Member

these pointers may sound stupid, but we are all human and sometimes common sense does not prevail. ;):P

1. make sure your skimmer is in salt water, not fresh water;

2. as already suggested by a certain reefer here, try lowering or elevating the skimmer, as well as the pump itself;

3. the air intake hose is plug into the appropriate inlet at the pump fixture. do not plug into the outlet point where the water discharges. otherwise you don't get any bubbles at all.

my $0.02 worth of experience. ;)

this does not look like a review equipment thread....rather an equipment query thread....

moved to Marine Aquarium Equipment/Additives sub-forum. You prob. will get more inputs there.

• SRC Member

DB, Tks.

Nautical,

Yup, I've tried all those but to no success.

Due to its inefficiency, I have place my previous weipro 2014. Do u guys have any problem abjusting the water level. I mean, when u turn the knob, does the level rises immediately.