Zeovit & SPS

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member
Any tank pix bro?? :)

Hey scarab,

sure no prob. Tank is no where as gorgeous as yours, hor. ;P

Not sure why it looks so blue here. Is more yellow (BLV10kk) in real life. The magic of photography.

But seriously, if your reef is running so well, why bother to experiment with a new system?

post-22-1111036432.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hey scarab,

sure no prob. Tank is no where as gorgeous as yours, hor. ;P

Not sure why it looks so blue here. Is more yellow (BLV10kk) in real life. The magic of photography.

But seriously, if your reef is running so well, why bother to experiment with a new system?

Nice looking tank bro. :)

The reason I request that you post your photos is not to compare with other peoples' tank or what but to chart your tank progress while using Zeovit. If the system is as good as it claims to be, we should be able to see changes, drastic changes even, to your coral colours and health as the system progresses. Keep us updated as your Zeovit system matures ok?

The reason why I ever consider Zeovit even though my tank is doing ok is that it promises so much. Out of this world colours. Super crystal clear water. Low nutrients and hence no nuisance algae. This and that.......... somehow or other you are tempted to achieve somthing that is better than what you have achieve in your tank. Hence the temptation lingers............ :evil::evil:

• SRC Member

After using the Zeovit system for about 6 months, I believe that the system works if we practise it according to the guidelines and methods and not kehkiang and do it our own way. Like Roidan mentioned, its a relatively new method of

The dosages are more or less standard and will gradually taper off especially the Zeostart. Overdose it and bad things like tip recession will happen with the SPS and it will signal that your tank have entered a new phase and the dosages have to be lowered. It means that you have to observe and understand the SPS in your collections and identity a 'canary' for the adjustment of dosages. There is a new version of zeostart called 'zeostart2' which wil greatly reduce the ill-effects of overdosing.

The system is relatively simple once you get the hang of it but its not a system for the impatient, it takes time to fully unlease its potential and we just need to stay the course to observe the effects.

IMHO, For reeftanks that are already super beautiful and healthy with undetectable NO3 and PO4 aka a well-tuned stock car, I think that running zeovit on these tanks will bring out even brighter colors and better growth because it will further drive down the nutrients to even lower levels that currently afforded by other more conventional means like Rowaphos etc etc. This is akin to fixing better electricals to a car or putting in a super-charger to give the stock car an extra boost. :)

My tank pic about 1-2 months ago I think.. its much much better than 3 months ago before dat. For me, it works well enuff to constantly improve my growth and colors of the corals. The colors cannot beat the guru's in the forum but its the best I have seen in my tank so far. Just imagine what it can do to your already fabulous tanks? ;)

post-22-1111042849.jpg

• SRC Member
The reason why I ever consider Zeovit even though my tank is doing ok is that it promises so much. Out of this world colours. Super crystal clear water. Low nutrients and hence no nuisance algae.

So far, it has worked as a filtration agent to allow me to run a reef successfully. However, the fantastic colouration has yet to occur. My browned sps are slowly returning to their original colour.... oh wait.

• SRC Member

Went back to take a look at my tank and shoot changes of sps in my tank.

As it is a relatively new zeo setup, the changes are minute and not extensive. SPS bought in full colour have stayed that way, so no extra special changes there. Other browned out SPS have experienced minor colour shifts.

This is a purple with green ployp dunnowhachtyoumacallit with tissue lightening. With flash

post-22-1111047012.jpg

• SRC Member

this flood control delay very the irritaing <_<

Ok a stylomylodunnowahto bought brown brown brown with tissue lightening to a bright pink the colour of circumcised ######!cks

Colour have slowly spread to the other sections. Used to be only one nubbin now its a cluster.

post-22-1111047294.jpg

• SRC Member

Now, I am not sure if its due to the zeovit. I am sure many other reefers have experienced colour shifts from the browned out sps before. I presume the stylo original colour is pink, but I am SURE the original colour of the whatamacallit was a deep deep dark purple. I was there when the shipment arrived. :) and waited for the price to drop. ;)

• SRC Member
One obivious results from zoevit, after 1 week. my millipora, always brown, starts to trun green at the base.

Bro, that is not colouring up. That is tissue recession or more popularly known as STN. I really hope it's not Zeovit that is causing it. You better check your water parameters and your water flow in your tank. Or could be a nearby coral affecting it. Something is not right. :huh:

• SRC Member

Bro, that is not colouring up. That is tissue recession or more popularly known as STN. I really hope it's not Zeovit that is causing it. You better check your water parameters and your water flow in your tank. Or could be a nearby coral affecting it. Something is not right. :huh:

all my nutrients undetectable. Previously it was green at the base also. Then after my tank crashed, became brown. Recently, after dosing zoevit, the green starts to come out again.

• SRC Member

all my nutrients undetectable. Previously it was green at the base also. Then after my tank crashed, became brown. Recently, after dosing zoevit, the green starts to come out again.

Well I'm telling you that is STN. <_< Weileong could be right about the Zeovit dosage. Might want to consult those who are more experience in Zeovit before the problem gets worse.

Can a post a full tank pix and maybe your tank specs?