Zeovit & SPS

Achilles Tang

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Come across a german website saying this guy was using Zeoliths for ammonia removal only but not using the other stuff like zeobak, zeofood etc ... is that possible ?

yea...i am also curious if this is possible

can someone enlighten me and bro surfedelic? :P

• SRC Member

Well I'm telling you that is STN. <_< Weileong could be right about the Zeovit dosage. Might want to consult those who are more experience in Zeovit before the problem gets worse.

Can a post a full tank pix and maybe your tank specs?

NH4=undetectable

NO2=undetectable

NO3=undetectable

PO4=undetectable

calcium=450

dkh=7

Zeovit=still in cycling process. 2 drops of zeobak & food daily. 1.5ml of zeostart daily. 1 drop of amino acid daily.

post-22-1111355799.jpg

• SRC Member

And the zeovit dosage. How about the media (zeolit) where are they place? Using any reactor and the flow rates thru it?

i place al the zeolits in a reactor made by one of our sponsers. uisng a aquabee 1000L/hr pump. Had set a timer w/3 hrs on & 3hrs off.

The base of the millipora definitely has stned.

I have used zeovit for near to 3 mths.....one thing I learnt from the exp..is that you dun have to have poor water quality to have this sign, and even if your dosage is within recommended dosage....the sps in the tank might still not do well.

They might have prob adjusting to zeovit system...hence stned. Most zeouser would advise you to reduce dosage and see if condition improves ...then slowly increase dosage again. You have to slowly monitor and find the suitable dosage with this system. Every tank is different.

then again, sometimes, it could be just , poor health of the sps, flow problem or adjacent corals causing it....

i place al the zeolits in a reactor made by one of our sponsers. uisng a aquabee 1000L/hr pump. Had set a timer w/3 hrs on & 3hrs off.

What's your overall volume of your tank?

Yours looks like a 2ft-3ft to me.

How much zeolit are you using?

Assuming after headlost the flow thru the reactor is about 700-800 l/h that is still too high.

Without knowing your tank size/volume it is pretty hard to advise you.

Too much zeolit and/or too high flow thru the zeolites is considered as overdose too and will lead to tissue recession and eventual coral death if no corrective actions is taken.

Sometimes the corals can recover but sometimes you loose them.

• SRC Member

yea...i am also curious if this is possible

can someone enlighten me and bro surfedelic? :P

i used it for NO3 while i removed my DSB somewhere around May last yr.

Ran in a reactor with a slow flow for 2mths(abt 100ltr/hr) before removing sand bed, then threw away the media once tank stabilized again after 3 mths. NO3 didn't move above 0ppm.(salifert). Never used any of the zeo acids, but i did feed bacteria with another food source to boost numbers.

Ammonia? - LiveRock,bio-rings,bio-balls and even some water conditioners can do that.

• SRC Member

What's your overall volume of your tank?

Yours looks like a 2ft-3ft to me.

How much zeolit are you using?

Assuming after headlost the flow thru the reactor is about 700-800 l/h that is still too high.

Without knowing your tank size/volume it is pretty hard to advise you.

Too much zeolit and/or too high flow thru the zeolites is considered as overdose too and will lead to tissue recession and eventual coral death if no corrective actions is taken.

Sometimes the corals can recover but sometimes you loose them.

Mine is a 2 feeter. I add the volume together with my sump = 35 gallons. I used up 1/3 of the zeovit package.

Mine is a 2 feeter. I add the volume together with my sump = 35 gallons. I used up 1/3 of the zeovit package.

In this case your flow is too high.

recommended flow thru the reactor is 400 l/h for every 1litre zeolit used.

You using abt 330ml so the recommend flow is around 130 l/h. Your aquabee 1000l/h flow is way too high. Install a ball valve and reduce the flow rate ASAP :P

• SRC Member

Zeovit system also need a very good skimmer to run it~~

thats why i have upgraded to H & S skimmer from macro

It needs a a lot of patience to run it~~ dun because of no results

within short time~~ then overdose it~~

This is not a miracle pill~~~... kekeke

• SRC Member

In this case your flow is too high.

recommended flow thru the reactor is 400 l/h for every 1litre zeolit used.

You using abt 330ml so the recommend flow is around 130 l/h. Your aquabee 1000l/h flow is way too high. Install a ball valve and reduce the flow rate ASAP :P

Bro, thanks for the advice. I had changed the pump to a 800L/h weipro pump with ball valve. So roughly, the flowrate is ~200hr/l. Will update later with the zeovit results.

• SRC Member
Any update?

My browned staghorn on the right beside the right most millipora is turning green. That is its original colour. Rest of SPS still ok. No signs of RTN or STN. For the milli that i posted some time ago, the RTN started to stop. I think u are right with the reactor flow rate. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
I have toyed with the Zeovit idea for some time but never had the guts to start it coz I haven't seen a tank pix here that can convince me that going down that route is worth the risk, .... the urge to cross the threshold to Zeovit, I feel, is too risky unless the end result is really, really worth it.

Scarab,

Your tank rocks already, no need to add zeovit rocks :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Today I heard of one person that dose 4 litres of zeolites with a high flow pump at full flow. Without finding out the proper dose needed and anyhow wack end up all the SPS suffer. Even when brown stuffs forming on the glass and LR still dose until so shiok :P

So end up zeovit kanna takes the blame when in the first place it is due to poor knowledge of that person. Dose shiok shiok but end up LS died :P

Why some pple succeed in zeovit and some pple fail?

• SRC Member

Actually quite sceptical about zeovit at first and has some stn on my sps. But some brighten up and colouring up. Used to have NO3 at 0.2 min when i was using rowa. Now totally 0 and colorless.

In fact my water seems clearer now than before.

• SRC Member

If anyone have STN or RTN on your sps when using zeovit system

simply just stop all dosing for days ~~ and if zeovit is the cause of

it , STN or RTN should stop. Simply restart of with a dosing of 50

percent of wat you used to dose

That should do the trick

If anyone have STN or RTN on your sps when using zeovit system

simply just stop all dosing for days ~~ and if zeovit is the cause of

it , STN or RTN should stop. Simply restart of with a dosing of 50

percent of wat you used to dose

That should do the trick

That is provided the correct amount of zeolites and correct flow rate thru the reactor is used :P