Amphipod (poses any problems? or classsify as food

• SRC Member

ya, amphipod is mandarin and seahorse lovers as well as pipefish. good leh if ur sump have this kind of source food. mine, just copepod only, need to buy amphipod to feed my fishes. so cham.......... :(

Amphipods are really secretive animals. They might only come out during the night as I notice they have a liking for dark surroundings. I remember the time I took my canister for washing. That was like 2-3 months without washing. I was surprised at the amount of amphipods that were living in the canister.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Amphipods are really secretive animals. They might only come out during the night as I notice they have a liking for dark surroundings. I remember the time I took my canister for washing. That was like 2-3 months without washing. I was surprised at the amount of amphipods that were living in the canister.

yes, i have the same experince with u. i think they build up their colony inside to conquer our canister, hahaha!! :D:P

but i think as long as the tank doesn't have the amphipod predator, they will run here run there to chase each other, cause i have another tank that the amphipod always run here run there 1, hehehe!! :lol:

what is the diff between Amphipods and copepod anyway???? never did go and figure them out...only know lots of small things running round my tank....:P

Not sure if I remember it correctly..

Copepods are generally much smaller and they are dorso-ventrally compressed. Meaning they look squashed down from the side view.

Amphipods are much larger often around 1mm or larger and they are dorso-ventrally elongated...meaning they looked squashed from both sides if viewed from the top. They kind of resemble terrestial springtails in a way..

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 9 months later...