seamonkee

Sharing My Taxidermy Work...

If u wanna know what I do, yeah... I play with the dead.... hehe...

Here's a few of my artpieces that I am proud of... for your enjoyment and comments...

post-11-1063426236.jpg

Oops... forgot to scale down the pix... sorry AT and fellow moderators...

Here's more...

post-11-1063426500.jpg

hey no wonder your avatar is like that!!! cool, thanx for sharing! where do you work? and what do you do everyday? preserve stuff that pple want to preserve? or more like curator-ish, maintain collections?

I work at the zoo. Part of my work involves preserving the dead animals and using them as educational tools for the public... my work are mostly skulls because you learn the most about an animal from the skull such as dietary habits, age, blah blah blah...

Perhaps someone got a dead fish I can help preserve? hahaha :D

No Comments... :angel:

in case riot maybe my new boss trying to trick me say bad things about him... mwahahahaa.... :D:lol::D

Bernard is one happening guy... how often do you get a boss that dons in casual and spot a ponytail?

Maybe those ah beng boss in some LFS...... :lol::D:lol:

Is your Avatar a real mermaid ???? :shock::shock: Or is it a pieced together fake .... :unsure::blink:

Can u preserve dead fishes or invertebrates? If can, can u teach us how? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

This way the fellow reefers still can keep their dead stock instead of throwing them away :eyebrow::eyebrow::idea:

maybe we can start a mummified reef aquarium for the dead ...... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Taxidermists don't really work on fishes becoz they deteriorate and the bones are very small, thin and brittle...

Those fish trophies u see are often replicas.... made either from resins or wood...

The avatar u see is not my work lah... :lol:

It's actually known as the Fiji "mermaid"... a clever hoax by a taxidermist in the early nineties... he uses the upper torso of a monkey and fused it with the lower part of a fish....

sorry for digging up an old post, found it when i googled 'taxidermy in singapore' and created an acct just to post here. would really like to get in contact with a local taxidermist, does anyone have any suggestions or contacts?

sorry for digging up an old post, found it when i googled 'taxidermy in singapore' and created an acct just to post here. would really like to get in contact with a local taxidermist, does anyone have any suggestions or contacts?

Get a reef tank since u created acc here ! :P

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

It is interesting many talk about Taxidermy as an option for our pets that have left us, but I just could find one Taxidermy service provider in Singapore. Anyone could help? For example, Ken Mar's contact? 

Finally I found one: Joseph Tan 93589777, currently doing restoration work for Lee Kong Chian Museum.