Let's re-look at our signature again

DeepBlue

recently , when I surf the site and read thru many postings, I found that guys are generally great in exchanging ideas and knowledge. What concerns me is the abuse of signatures at the bottom of each post.

Some people had such a long list of info, big photos, BIGGER fonts........

I understand the need for individualism and personalising your posts that is uniquely yours....but I guess some people are really over doing it.

Maybe we can look at the posting rules in SRC again if we have forgotten. There is a size spec. for you to adhere to. DO check it out

Hope this post can help some of us to relook at our sig. again.... beginning hobbyists loves more info to help them gain greater knowledge in the hobby, able to look at 2 to 3 post a page due to most of the space taken up by unnecessary and 'loud' sig can turn pple off.....do reconsider. Thanks

DeepBlue

Ok, I'll relook my sig. this very instant :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
recently , when I surf the site and read thru many postings, I found that guys are generally great in exchanging ideas and knowledge. What concerns me is the abuse of signatures at the bottom of each post.

Some people had such a long list of info, big photos, BIGGER fonts........

I understand the need for individualism and personalising your posts that is uniquely yours....but I guess some people are really over doing it.

Maybe we can look at the posting rules in SRC again if we have forgotten. There is a size spec. for you to adhere to. DO check it out

Hope this post can help some of us to relook at our sig. again.... beginning hobbyists loves more info to help them gain greater knowledge in the hobby, able to look at 2 to 3 post a page due to most of the space taken up by unnecessary and 'loud' sig can turn pple off.....do reconsider. Thanks

DeepBlue

welcome back DB!

but i guess u'll be gone in a jiffy again?

:lol:

Just to let you know DB, that Compulsive Buying Disorder is a non-treatable illness so you can only curb it for a certain period of time :D:D

Once the virus becomes immune to medication, you will start visiting the LFSes again :P

Trust me on that :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

I totally agree with Deepblue. Often, when you scroll down a page, a huge ton of scrolling is done, simply to avoid HUGE, loud & totally unnecessary signatures. It's very frustrating for people who simply use these forums to read up on information which THEY NEED.

I hope people will reconsider revising their signatures. ;):peace:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Ok, I'm reviving this thread again because I realise that alot of members still have huge signatures! Some people have used big pictures as part of their signatures. These types of signatures are taking up more space, than the actual comments in the threads.

If there isn't any way to stop people from using these unnecessary signatures, how about just allowing 1-2 line sentences or links as signatures, instead of pics? :unsure:

• SRC Member

is my sig ok?

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

ok srry about the christmas thingy...chhanged it again

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)