Unsatisfactory Customer Service

ok i admit her fishes some is not bad , but the price esp the lady boss quote is really way up to much , if she need people to still support her she better watch her service as i also up for this silver tang my friend as i know what her attitude is . :ph34r:

• SRC Member
Dear Bros and Sis

Really dun know that the response will be so big after starting this thread. Is not that I want to bring this LFS down because people are doing business and making a living also. But last night think liao really super buaysong therefore decide to bring this matter up.

I had PM the boss of this LFS to tell her to come and read this thread hope she will do something about it... if not too bad then.

LOL,

they won't be bothered to come and read ur posts lah.

to them, you are just a tiny weenie customer that is very much dispensible. they will probably laugh it off anyway.

if ypu dun like their CS, dun visit them again lor. thats wat i did.

:lol:

• SRC Member

agree..

well..we still have the rights to voice out our opinion right?..

read an thread once in RC where a customer was upset over an online vendor for selling to him liverocks which were not covered with rich coralline algae which is described in the picture of their website..

the vendor immediately got into action and even offered to ship the exact same amount of rocks to satisfy the customer..

words can be spread like wildfire too..

• SRC Member

haiya let them be...

end of the day sale suck and only 1 story.. time for close shop that's all...

Tell you guy what i encounter that time that piss me dam off...

1st time go there and the shop is so hard to find. Then ok after searching for a while manage to find it. Go in look look and find a fish that interest me. So ask the lady boss if the fish is already feeding...

Then she told me yup feading already.. then i ask her can demo and see cause if it really feeding then i confirm buying..

U know what, she turn her backside at me and say, u want to come see feeding come tomorrow cause the feeding time over already. Wow when i listen this i pengz big time, you think i go zoo see show huh... I live in sengkang and come so far to see your shop and hope to buy fish u tell me that.

And then she just pretend I'm not around while I'm standing there staring at her.

horrible right...

• SRC Member

Which shop is it? can PM me. So to 'enlighten' me...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

hahaha :lol:

nvr notice she got attitude problem...onli noticed she is well endow :P

once again, a serious thread going to de-rail and go down the toilet :lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• Sponsor

Dear Reefer ,

I am JIREH Tay , a Marine Aquarist turn MArine Shop Aquarist and Owner.

I finally broke my silence with reluctance because I do not like to engage in

gossip and arguement cause it make all of us look ugly :evil: and is not constructive.

I apologise for the inconvenince and dissatisfaction and hope you all will forgive and forget , I still have much to offer for your hobby.

It also shocked :o me that some Aquarists are so critical and demanding , attacking without reservation on slightest inconvenience or lost of bargain.

For over 20 years I visited marine aquarium shops like you , looking and buying

fishes and coral , been overcharged , ignored and get sarcastic remarks by Aquarium Owners many times , forgive and forget well today they are my friends.

Marine Fish keeping are suppose to help us relax and be happy not getting angry over bargain we cannot get .

You cannot understand how much investment of money and energy to build,maintain a thriving marine aquarium shop and how pathetically Low a profit aquarium shop are making today.

This explain why 200+ Aquarium shops closed during the last 2 years and in the West only a few marine aquarium shops are left today.

Fortunately , by God's grace my business is still growing and have many good regular and new customers.

Let me address several points you mentioned truthfully :

1) Fire Goby Missing - God knows that the night before we really have about 1/2 a dozen fire goby , as you know fire goby are jumpers , we lost many before this way so you might have notice we put green netting over the tank but if you look properly it is not 100% cover there is a gap especially if not slotted properly .

So unfortunately when you come , some jump out cause when people walk pass the Fire goby go Rocket anyhow .

2) Expensive price and overcharge

This accusation is out of whack. Expensive against what reference and quality.

There are 2 Marine Aquarium shops near me in the West - I am the cheapest .

My Price is higher than the farm but my quality is also higher , my fishes are more lively,stable and mostly feeding . ( check with those who buy my fishes )

Normally fishes are sold cheap when they just arrive or in plastic bag but the risk is high .

We normally feed our fishes 2-3 times a day , if so happen you come during feeding time you can see , however please not insist we feed again because overfeeding will cause the Tank to crash .

3) We may not have Excellent attitude but we are generally friendly to customers who are friendly . However some customers have " Leave me alone " and "stress out " look, like some of you , we will normally leave you alone to Browse freely.

I am sorry if leaving you alone Upset you.

Our Minimum service are, telling you the price - catch the fish , pack and thank you when you pay.

Please note : WE HAVE NEVER INSIST OR PERSUADE ANYONE TO BUY ANYTHING

AGAINST THEIR WILL.

Look closely : the fishes , corals or product - if price and quality matches - buy otherwise please do not buy .

4) Checking Prices over the Phone .This is the most irritating thing , you call every shop you know and check the price till the last dollar - tell me if you are in my shoe , will you be happy to tell everyone how much you selling so they can conveniently compare prices & squeeze you later ??

How I know whether you are competitor or not ??

Actually our prices are quite reasonably if you look properly for example :a) Resun Chiller CL-650 : $390 without waranty ( Sorry all sold )

$480 with 1 year warranty

B) Flame Angel : $38 - (S/M) not feeding , $50 ( L/XL)feeding on mysis and pellet.

I sold 1/2 dozen within a week @ $50

c) Koran - (S/M) $18 , (L) $30-35 = all feeding on mysis and Pellet

d) Fire Goby $8 feeding on Mysis and Brine shrimp

e) Doctor fish $4 feeding on cyclofreeze and brine shrimp

f) Moorish Idol 8- $10 ( not feeding ) , feeding $25

h) Majestic Angel - $38 not feeding , feeding $45

Please note :

sometimes certain things are expensive because we buy expensive ,

Buy cheap sell cheap , buy expensive sell expensive .

We have Fixed our prices by tagging all our fishes , coral and products .

Please be assured our standard prices are applicable to everyone fairly .

Any Discount Items will be posted , if my staff quote you wrongly during the discount period or if you have any grievance PM your complain to me directly so we can address your issues to your satisfaction .

Let us be friends and make Singapore Reef Club a pleasant place for both

Reefers and Sponsors.

:thanks::D:angel:

post-25-1128528551.jpg

Jireh Marine Aquarium Pte Ltd

61 Jalan Lekar Singapore 698948

Next to Qian Hu fish farm

Open Daily : 11am to 0600 pm , Closed on Monday

Tel : 67767990 , Fax : 67796123

• SRC Member
I am JIREH Tay , a Marine Aquarist turn MArine Shop Aquarist and Owner.

I finally broke my silence with reluctance because I do not like to engage in

gossip and arguement cause it make all of us look ugly  and is not constructive.

since when did this thread involved gossiping and arguements? IMO, it is usually your "RELUCTANCE" to break ur silence that causes all these similar threads related to your shop to become ugly and unconstructive. remember the discount issue?

It also shocked  me that some Aquarists are so critical and demanding , attacking without reservation on slightest inconvenience or lost of bargain.

Golden rule no. 1 - when we part with our hard earn money, it had better be well worth it.

Golden rule no. 2 - when you advertised a promotion, and the discounted tag is still displayed, then as a business entity, be prepared to honour it.

For over 20 years I visited marine aquarium shops like you , looking and buying

fishes and coral , been overcharged , ignored and get sarcastic remarks by Aquarium Owners many times , forgive and forget well today they are my friends.

I dun know about you, . If i'm being ignored, gets sacarstic remarks and over-charged at the same time, i'll do 2 things, called myself a dumda*s and i'll never patronise that LFS again.

You cannot understand how much investment of money and energy to build,maintain a thriving marine aquarium shop and how pathetically Low a profit aquarium shop are making today.

well, i dun know but i presume nobody pointed a gun against your head and insisted that you open a aquarium shop?

2) Expensive price and overcharge

This accusation is out of whack. Expensive against what reference and quality.

There are 2 Marine Aquarium shops near me in the West - I am the cheapest .

IMO, i rather pay abit more and go to the "other" LFS located near you where the friendly owner remembers my name since my 2nd visit and answers all my dumb questions even if i dun buy anything.

1) Fire Goby Missing - God knows that the night before we really have about 1/2 a dozen fire goby , as you know fire goby are jumpers , we lost many before this way so you might have notice we put green netting over the tank but if you look properly it is not 100% cover there is a gap especially if not slotted properly .

So unfortunately when you come , some jump out cause when people walk pass the Fire goby go Rocket anyhow .

pls note that the thread starter states - Before I go I call up the shop and ask the boss whether they have stock a not saying tat 1 want 5 goby and her reply is “YES we do and we have more than that“. what has this got to do with ur reply that the fire gobies jumped out the night before? according to the thread starter, he called before going down.

Our Minimum service are, telling you the price - catch the fish , pack and thank you when you pay.

ROFLOL, i wonder which other LFS can provide a "more" minimum service.

i am not out to flame you but judging from ur replies, i am sure many reefers are not satisfied with them. i am also not ur competitor nor have i anything to gain. wat im saying is IMO.

;)

• SRC Member

gulps ..... lets live & let live lah... just as nobody pointed a gun against the lfs owner's head and insisted that he open a aquarium shop, nobody is pointing a gun against our heads and insists that we patronise the shop yah?

i for one only patronise lfs that i like... thats why i visit certain lfs 2 n sometimes 3 times a week just for looksee even tho my tank is almost full capacity already...

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

guys,

My personal experience is that I visited them only once with my wife. Had a brief discussion with them and decided that that is the last time we will patronise that shop. I have since gotten my tank and marine eqpt from other sources.

They can choose the way they would like to run business (as it is their business)and customers can choose if they want to patronise or not. Some might like their service, other might not. Some might find that their prices are reasonable, others might not.

I am sure this shop has taken special note of these comments and will strive to improve their service.

Think it is time to drop this topic and close the thread.

rgds

Trigger99