Why was the thread deleted?

olezontie

I bring to your attention the thread on acidjazz's thread for selling his tank.

I understand that there had been quite a few posting in the thread that may be irelevant to the topic of the thread. However, some where in the mid day of 1 December, the thread was deleted.

I will like to understand the rationale for deleting the thread. If the thread is getting out of hand, the moderators can always close the thread as with all previous cases.

I checked the logs, one of the mods (who everyone thinks is no longer active but is just quietly doing his duties, gracias bro!) has moved it away to a hidden folder.

The rationale for doing that is clear : the thread has degenerated badly into a war zone.

I would assume that closing the thread would have stop whatever is happening, as with what you have done today with the other 2 threads. Removing the thread entirely will appear that the moderator is trying to protect the party concern.

There has been other "war zones" before, if the moderators are actually fulfilling their responsibilities, why only limit to this thread.

• SRC Member

What exactly is your beef with Acidjazz that u have to continue on your silly ramblings? Respect the moderators and administrators decision to delete the thread and move on with ur life already.....jeez!

This whole drama has dragged on long enough...let the respective ppl deal with it accordingly...and enough with the "rubish" threads.....

ps. Apologies for the outburst but again, very dissapointing to see ppl stoop to this level over an incident like this....

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

Nominate me under AT's new scheme, if you have problem with what I am posting.

But am I not stating facts? Why is it that the moderator only chose to exercise his/her decision for this particular thread? We have had similar incidents happening before and quite a few, I might add.

These dealings has been going on long enough and I only chose to kick a fuss now because the facts are all laid on the table now by many respectable reefers here.

My "beef" is not with Paul, I do not have any dealings with him to know him well enough to comment. My "beef" is with this double standards. I have seen it happened in other forums, and it is happening here. You may be able to accept decisions made for you by others without question, but I afraid I can do so.

I may have not "met" many of the moderators to know their style online, but for AT, I am familiar with his approach. Conrad is responsible to the forumers and always provides explanations and rationale for all his actions in the forum. The deletion of the thread is so not his style, and that is why I have raised this.

A piece of rotting meat if just covered with newspaper will still have flies buzzing around.

A piece of rotting meat, wrapped in an airtight bag and removed from location will not have flies buzzing around.

Hope you understand what I am saying.

The mods are always having to clean up after other people. Pls respect our decisions. Thank you.

But am I not stating facts? Why is it that the moderator only chose to exercise his/her decision for this particular thread? We have had similar incidents happening before and quite a few, I might add.

These dealings has been going on long enough and I only chose to kick a fuss now because the facts are all laid on the table now by many respectable reefers here.

My "beef" is not with Paul, I do not have any dealings with him to know him well enough to comment. My "beef" is with this double standards. I have seen it happened in other forums, and it is happening here.

It may be coincidental but we are laying the cards out on the table: We do not protect anyone or favour anyone. Break the peace and you're out.

If you wish to highlight an injustice, say it once and leave it as it is.

Hammering the issue to death makes unpleasant noise to those not even interested to see it.

If you want to hammer each other to death, do it outside in real life or do it in other forums. The majority does not need to get disturbed.

Some threads may have passed under the radar, some threads may be simply closed off, some threads deserved to be flushed down the toilet, out of sight.

If you do not like the housekeeping standards in dealing with such threads, I am sorry but there is no cut-and-dry ISO standard SOP around.

Perhaps if you put yourself in a mod's shoes and then you'll understand the frustration.

• SRC Member

My "beef" is not with Paul, I do not have any dealings with him to know him well enough to comment. My "beef" is with this double standards. I have seen it happened in other forums, and it is happening here. You may be able to accept decisions made for you by others without question, but I afraid I can do so.

I may have not "met" many of the moderators to know their style online, but for AT, I am familiar with his approach. Conrad is responsible to the forumers and always provides explanations and rationale for all his actions in the forum. The deletion of the thread is so not his style, and that is why I have raised this.

Though i agree with your points....let's face it...the admins and mods don't owe it to u or us for an explanation. I'm sure they have their reasons but perhaps given time, when everyone has cooled down...that reason might be revealed to us but let's stop pushing the subject and let things calm itself down first....there has just been too much heat in the forums these last two days...

No hard feelings buddy... ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

None taken. No offence to you too. :peace:

I understand that the forum atmosphere has taken a terrible turn. My reefing knowledge has grown over time and many of the credit goes to SRC. I can understand that many of you, like BH has grown attached to SRC.

AT,

I am just asking as it does not seems like a thing you would do. You have spoken and I will not continue harping on this issue any further.

• SRC Member

Finally....one thread that has ended in a somewhat happy ending...that's how it should be i think...

No worries bro, no offense taken on my end as well...and i wouldnt go so far as to say that i have grown very attached to SRC...but it has played a good role in my education and many others too i'm sure.

Let's keep that spirit going as opposed to all the other negatives that already surround us in our everyday lives...the last thing one needs is more negativity online too... :P

Now move your attention over to the other forum where they're nominating moderators...much more pleasant a topic to be focussing on i would think... ;)

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Here here!

sgreefclub is a great site, and its free for us members! So, in my thinking we have no 'right' to question the great job that the mods do. If we are not happy, we can always move to another site...

AT & the other mods, keep up the great work! :eyebrow:

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member
I checked the logs, one of the mods (who everyone thinks is no longer active but is just quietly doing his duties, gracias bro!) has moved it away to a hidden folder.

The rationale for doing that is clear : the thread has degenerated badly into a war zone.

Regardless of who moved the thread... olezontie, the admin/mods have a duty to keep the peace, even if it means removing/deleting the thread for the good of all. So please accept and respect the decision of the admin and mods.

:thanks: