NID HELP

ambystoma82

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The eggs normally hatch just after lights out if I'm not wrong. You got to wait till they are free swimming before they are able to start feeding. Not sure how long that would take but my guess is anywhere from 24-48 hours. You will need ss-strain rotifers to feed the fry initially. After the rotifers, the feeding of Artemia nauplii should be rather straightfoward. The main thing is to maintain high water quality and use gentle water aeration (limit to only few bubbles per sec). Best if you can design a simple overflow system. Make sure the water surface is not overly turbulent or oily or covered with dirt as the fry will need to break the surface to inflate their swim bladders later on. Normally occurs after lights out.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Wao, nice. :D

Why my nemo never give

me some roe for sushi !?

(Joke ah)

Hm, trying to rear fries are

Very Difficult loh. I tried with

FW guppies & failed. (consider easy liao)

Water quality must be high high & stable.

How to do that when U gotta feed them !?

All the best. Keep us updated!

Can ask a Q !?

How to tell if a pair of nemo are a couple?

I have a pair but dunno their ######....

• SRC Member

when they are a pair , they will swim together and the bigger one is the female , smaller one male. sometimes, the female will bite the male one to 'henpeck' him.

careful when putting your hand into the tank to move the eggs, cos mummy will bite.

The eggs normally hatch just after lights out if I'm not wrong. You got to wait till they are free swimming before they are able to start feeding. Not sure how long that would take but my guess is anywhere from 24-48 hours. You will need ss-strain rotifers to feed the fry initially. After the rotifers, the feeding of Artemia nauplii should be rather straightfoward. The main thing is to maintain high water quality and use gentle water aeration (limit to only few bubbles per sec). Best if you can design a simple overflow system. Make sure the water surface is not overly turbulent or oily or covered with dirt as the fry will need to break the surface to inflate their swim bladders later on. Normally occurs after lights out.

then what is ur suggested flowrate ?

got flowrate so low de mahz ? :cry:

Flowrate depends on alot of factors like culture vessel size, age of larvae and overflow area. You should increase the overflow area such that larvae do not get sucked to the overflow. Easily achieved using a banjo sieve.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=banjo+sieve

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
tis one 2nd labour but e mama sumtimes still quite slack on taking care of e eggs

POOR male... :o

That's very normal behaviour...the male tends to the eggs whilst the female protects the territory. She will only really begin to help about the day of hatch, which is generally around day 7 or 8 at our temps.

Easier to take the nest out to hatch...if not, then have fun trying to catch them out :P

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

You can try, but looking at the number of eggs that you have now, not worth risking them out....I would propose you forgo this batch and feed the pair with better food. My proposal is base on the following:

- Better food = better eggs and better survival rate of fries

- If you shift them now, the pair might not want to lay eggs anymore....do some search in the net and you will see that sometimes when the environment changes, the pair will take a long while to acclimatise or might not lay anymore....which happened to mine.

- they will lay eggs once every 2-3 weeks if undusturbed, so plenty of chance.

Anyway, if you are successful, do let us know the updates.

P.S. when the eggs turn silverish, it is time, should be soon this two days in your case.

Good luck!

yoz bro..

ermz.. i nid to knw if any1 successfully breed tis small babies...

how many rotifiers shld i feed them?

y is it tht in e wild e babies can survive with e parents w/o feeding rotifiers..

tis is their 2nd brood

i would say they lay egg quite fast cus they just recover from fungus 1mth b4 they lay eggs

if eggs hatch le can put papa n mama together back with them?