NID HELP

ambystoma82

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to leave the eggs in the main tank and collect them after they hatch, which is usually always after lights out. When you predict them to hatch, turn off the overflow to the sump overnight and leave a light shining at a corner of the tank (small torch will do or maybe even a candle). The babies will collect at that corner.

Transfer them to a rearing container by scooping them out with the water. Do not net them. Aerate using air-stones (red sea wooden airstones are good) but just enough to keep the water surface moving. The fry do not need to be tumbling around.

The thing about keeping the sides of the rearing container dark is for the larvae to see the prey more easily against a dark background. Alternatively you can use a plastic pail with blue, red, etc sides. No need to cover the top, the fry need light to see their prey. Living room light is sufficient. A photoperiod of 10-12 hrs should do fine.

I just bought alot of mesh today, I could spare you some if you need. Pmed you my contact.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 1 month later...