SRC website slow

shaohui75

I dont know if anyone here is also facing the same problem as i am here. If so we should bring this up to AT.

Whenever, i am in SRC, after surfing for less than 5min , the website will become very unresponsive, when i check under task manager, iexplorer will takeup 100% CPU. This only happen after this site's server has been upgraded.

I do not experience the same for other website that i go to.

Sorry, it should be 99% on my laptop.

Out of curiousity, i tested SRC website on another computer. Same thing also happened but only if i click on some link and then back quickly. It just stay at the 98% level and whole iexplorer slow down until i close the window and open it up again.

Surfing doesn't take up CPU cycles!

I did a test and the max when surfing in SR site was 25% for a sec before dropping to 0% again.

Suspect you have some background processes that are running... and possibly even some that are unauthorized ie. trojan horses that use up your bandwidth and CPU to send spam without your knowing.

It's a common problem now, esp for those who are not IT savvy and protected! Do you have a firewall and do you have any anti-hacking, anti-adware software running?

• SRC Member
Have been using McAfee Viruscan. Using McAfee 's latest Virus Definitions 4691 (7 feb 2006). Using it to scan my laptop now. Thanks for the feedback AT.

Using McAfee Viruscan alone may not be able to detect spywares and adwares.

try to use other anti-spyware together with McAfee for best results.

• SRC Member
It's a common problem now, esp for those who are not IT savvy and protected! Do you have a firewall and do you have any anti-hacking, anti-adware software running?

Initially, I thought SRC have some Ads running (Well, I couldn't see that as I installed anti-Ads) thus causing the problem but it's been ruled out after I disabled my anti-Ads. There's not much of GUI in php forum thus that's out too.

Maybe just check whatever is running on the background that seems alien in your task manager ~ proccess. Or which webby you went that have have GUI loh.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

To be quite frank McAfee Viruscan doesnt really do the job that well. Norton Internet Security works really good. If $ is a problem, you can try downloading Microsoft Antispyware which is excellent and furthermore free! :)

MS Antispyware has a limited life right? Mine doesn't activate anymore.

Microsoft antispyware has different versions (Beta 1...), for the limited usage thing that means ur version has been outdated( they will prompt u by the time it expires) Normally u will be able to download a newer version after that for continue usage.