copepods or Amphipods

spaceman

• 5 months later...

Have alot.... but how to catch them live? have alot in my reserve water tank.

but every time I catch them with a net or sringe they die. (well they die anyway as the fish eat them) Time consuming to catch as well.

• SRC Member

Collect a cup of sand from the sand and you get more than a handful. Seed them in the sump w/o natural predator. Then they prosper...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

I think what he meant by reserve is that water from another tank, probably he swap water from main tank to reserve tank, vice versa.

Btw if you want to keep a mandarin, you have to set something such that only a few goes up to the main tank at a time, and make sure the mandarin gets to eat it instead of other fishes. Because if you just dump all pods into the tank with the mandarin, they will finish all the pods very very fast. :lol: