Bulk DIY 3-stage DI unit

shootsimon

• SRC Member

Here are the items that you'll be getting

1) 3 x filter housing set

2) 3 x sediment filter

3) 2 x male joint for 3 housing

4) 1 set 16mm inlet and outlet

5) 1 x 1 micron carbon block (treats 20,000 gal stated on the label)

6) 1 litre resin

7) PVC pipes, union joint and reducer bulk head

8) Filter wool

9) White tape

Free flow of drinks, wine not for the underage :lol:

Some light snacks incase someone hungry :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Here's the list of people joining

1) Yongwil

2) ervine

3) Lazybones

4) Black Puma

5) Platax

6) Clarkiiclown04

7) planula

8) gerrard_boon

9) nakazoru

10) SCS 88

Those who has a power drill please bring it along as we need to drill quite a number of holes on the reducer bulkhead. Shouldering bit and PVC cutter also weclome.

I have one each but best to have 1 to 2 extra so we can speed up the DIY and have more time to talk ###### or even go down to Pasir Ris Fish Farm together :lol:

• SRC Member

Will be PMing my address to you guys soon. If did not receive can sms me at 9844 9446 and please bring your $$. Please no nets or cheque or IOU note :P

For your easy reference

here's a link of my place http://sg.streetdirectory.com/singaporemap...id=3499&level=5

Those who drives can park your car at 769A MSCP. Do not park at the first carpark you see when you drive in.

Those who are coming by bus can take bus 69 or 168 from Bedok Interchange and alight once you see the PIE flyover and take the path along the PIE to reach my blk. Its a 5 mins walk to my blk from there

Alternatively you can take bus 69, 65 or 22 from Tampines interchange. Once you see a canal beside a condo, alight at the next bus stop which is infront of Clearwater condo. You can either walk along the canal which you saw just now to reach my blk if not come in from the road inbetween aquarius and clearwater condo. You will reach a round about and turn to your left and proceed walking in. Its about 5-10 mins walk

post-20-1152095005.jpg

• SRC Member

Hope Iwarna has shippment that day.... Then can go there too.....

Also thanks to the organiser...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

ok great ... a bit tight for me cos I'm servicing a client's tank but think can make it. Lunch eat first then come right?

ISLANWIDE Doorstep CO2 refill @ $42.00 (5L and below)sms 93638229 now!!!! For larger canisters do enquire:]

• SRC Member
ok great ... a bit tight for me cos I'm servicing a client's tank but think can make it. Lunch eat first then come right?

Yup please have your lunch first before you come. I will provide some snacks and drinks :P

• SRC Member

Guys please do not last min say wanna cancel order <_< as I've already placed orders for the filter housing and also bought all of the DIY parts. :pinch:

Call me to discuss if such intention arise and not just drop me a pm :erm:

Should have ask for deposit :pinch:

• SRC Member

And for those who needs a lift to my place please coordinate among yourself so please those who can offer a ride please state where you stay so they can pm you

This is the final list

1) yongwil (Woodland St 41, driving, can pick up along the way) (Confirmed)

2) ervine (Upper serangoon, MIGHT drive not sure) (Confirmed)

3) Lazybones (Going from Mountbatten) (Confirmed)

4) Blackpuma (Stay telok blangah, can give lift for those staying near)---(Confirmed)

5) Platax---(Confirmed)

6) planula (Confirmed)

7) gerrard_boon (Confirmed)

8) nakazoru-(ToaPayoh) (Confirmed)

I've already paid for the parts so please no more withdrawal <_<

These 2 not taking part

Clarkiilown04 <_<

scs88 ;)

• SRC Member

Hi simon

Thanks for your time and effort in organising the DIY session and the risk to pay the material on our behalf.

But some people just take for granted.

I will promote this DIY session on the DIY forum, hope that somebody can join us or take the 2 sets

William

• SRC Member

Bro Shootsimon, as discuss. I'm in also.

4) Blackpuma (Stay telok blangah, can give lift for those staying near)---(Confirmed)

5) Platax---(Confirmed)

6) planula (Confirmed)

9) Day- (Confirmed)

• SRC Member

Here's an update of people taking part :P

5) Platax---(Confirmed)

6) planula (Confirmed)

9) Day- (Confirmed)

10) Black - (Confirmed)

post-20-1152781356.jpg

• SRC Member

And here's the bad news :erm:

Only received less than 9 pcs of filter housing last nite as the supplier kok up the delivery.

They will try to deliver the rest by Friday but I'm a bit worried that they will kok up again.

Think we might have to postpone the session to next Saturday as I don't want to disappoint you guys when you come over not able to get the full sets. :unsure: I'll state the confirm date again untill I received all the goods.

Will sms you guys tomorow evening if the delivery kok up <_<

Hope you guys don't too sian and pull out as I've already paid 50% to the supplier :(

Thanks for understanding :unsure:

post-20-1152782163.jpg

• SRC Member

This part didn't appear ;)

Here's some good news

1) Resin are delivered to my place

2) Gotten the parts for the DIY. Some different parts from the first DI unit

a) Bigger reducer bulk head so can drill more holes for better dispertion of water

B) Smaller output nossel for better out put control

c) Small tubings for the small outlet which was not included in the last DIY DI unit

• SRC Member

Simon

Try not to postpone, as i have wait until my neck long long for this DIY session.

If they cannot send by friday, can we go to collect ourselves? I don't mind go to collect as long as it is within Singapore !

<_<

• SRC Member
Simon

Try not to postpone, as i have wait until my neck long long for this DIY session.

If they cannot send by friday, can we go to collect ourselves? I don't mind go to collect as long as it is within Singapore !

<_<

Sorry bro but I didn't want this to happen too. That's why I put the risk on my own money rather than asking you guys for a deposit :D and I based on your trust and patient not to aero when good arrive thats all B)

The filter housing are from across the crossway. I've tot of getting it from another source but that would mean higher cost as per unit might be about $10 to $15 more to us. And don't think they have the quanitity. As the quanitity is a bit large, the supplier has to get its factory to fabricate for our order. Didn't know it would take that long.

Thanks for understanding if we'll have to postpone it by another week :)

• SRC Member

Supplier called at 4.30pm saying that the stock has arrived and now in their warehouse. They can only make the delivery on monday as their delivery truck has already left for the day :pirate: They don't deliver on weekends ;)

Guys I'm sorry but think I have to postpone it once again :( till next Sat same time same venue.

On behalf of the supplier I :bow:

Thanks for the patience.