Bulk DIY 3-stage DI unit

shootsimon

Never tot of that and don't think I will. Its just to share and getting to know more reefers that's all. Anyone can get the parts and DIY themselves. Imagine if I do make them for sale, how much do you think you willing to pay for?

In the first place I didn't want to pay so much for one from LFS that's why I DIY one myself :lol:

I am sure some bros out there willing to pay that extra to let you do the hard work for us. Not everyone knows where and able to afford the time to search for the relevant components, not to mention the skill & knowledge to put every components together :D Just a suggestion though.....

Hope that's another session for me to join, or I will just buy the ready DIY product from you. You can earn a 20% profit :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:lol: Think all you need to do to stop that leak is to re-tape the thread or if the leak is from the nozzel it might be that the nozzel had been accidentally bend will transporting. Its a fragile piece of plastic but no worries I can get a spare for you, or you can try applying the tape over the nozzel area where it leaks :D

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the offer of a new nozzle. You're right in that all I need to do is to re-tap the nozzle screw threads with the white teflon tape. For now, I've been too busy to do it and I just put a towel or container to soak up the droplets of water. Very minor drip that I'm not worried about at all!

Cheers and Thanks again!

• SRC Member

but from what i know. the supplier only supply the goods on weekdays. and our dearest shootsimon bro have to take leave off just for the delivery. guess it dont really make sense for him to sell the di unit comerically and its take up quite alot of labour to get a unit done.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

but from what i know. the supplier only supply the goods on weekdays. and our dearest shootsimon bro have to take leave off just for the delivery. guess it dont really make sense for him to sell the di unit comerically and its take up quite alot of labour to get a unit done.

Ya, i guess it's pretty labour intensive to turn it into a commercial sale....guess i have to wait for the next DIY session (if there's gonna to be one) or get a OTS one.... B)

• SRC Member

Haha that's ok, got enough nutrients from all the fish poo...

but the pH problem how bro?

Btw, just tried out the DI unit today.. works like a charm, no leaks (touch wood).. :)

anyway FYI for any reefers out there with planted FW tanks, I did a 1/3 water change directly with the DI water without any buffering, no adverse effects on the FW inhabitants...

A bit wasteful of DI water but I wanted to make sure I wasn't adding any more "stuff" via the normal tap water...

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Me too... Is there anywhere we can get the resin?

There's a few sources that you can get the resins from. Catridge form you can get from RD, RB etc.

Loose forms you get them from

1) Scottscentre, in Tuas (think you need to issue a company purchsae order. Sold in 3.5 litre per bag)

2) Purolite Singapore (Minimum per order is 25L)

3) Bayer which is where you can get the Ionac NM-60. (Must be able to produce a company purchase order as they don't take public order and minimum order is also 25L)

• SRC Member
Hi All

Any one can advise if the following resin is suitable for creating the DI water

Ionac NM-60

Thx for the advise.

Sorry :off:

Brother Blenny is using it. We used that in our first DIY session. Understood from him that the resin is lab grade resin. Only set back we found is the odour :sick:

• 1 month later...

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

[!#!]Here's Where To [WATCH] I Am T-Rex (2022) FullMovie Online ON TV kmh

2. 0

[!#!]Here's Where To [WATCH] The Book of Clarence (2024) FullMovie Online ON TV zbd

3. 0

La malédiction : l'origine (2024) en Streaming-VF en [FR!] Gratuitement nmm

4. 0

[Cuevana-3] VER— Los vigilantes (2024) Película Completa Online en Español jop

5. 0

Oak (2024) FuLLMovie Online MP4/720p/UHD.1080p/4K sip