Yuma Propagation

ef_med2001

Bro fantastic thread!!! I am planning to frag my F.Rics for sis Monki soon!!! Bro, can show us how to remove your Yumas from the original piece of rock? Just by force? What tool you use ah?

:thanks: in advance :bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ok, here are the steps:

A. these are the tools that i used to prop them

a.jpg

B. And this is my little yuma. Actually it is too young to be propagated (2cm diametres), but i think it's still ok lah :lol:

b.jpg

C. Try to cut them as bottom as possible. I cut it from here

c.jpg

D. Cutting...

d.jpg

E. see the rock. little flesh that had been left

e.jpg

F. wash it to prevent infection from the slime. Use water from it's current tank.

f.jpg

G. now using a clean and sharp scissor, cut them in the middle from the mouth.

Thing that u should consider is each pieces must have mouth and foot. Don't let any of the pieces not having foot or mouth. they can be died, or grow slowly.

g.jpg

H. Because this yuma is so small (2 cm diametres) i only cut them into 2 pieces to decrease mortality rate. But for bigger yuma, you can cut it into 4 pieces, or more.

h.jpg

I. Wash them one more time to get rid of the slime

i.jpg

J and K are the same as my first post above

j.jpg

k.jpg

AMAZING!!! I have this Ric.F with 7 mouths!!! I'm gonna do something once I manage to get all the needed ingredients/tools :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for sharing bro... really appreciate it :bow::bow::bow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
AMAZING!!! I have this Ric.F with 7 mouths!!! I'm gonna do something once I manage to get all the needed ingredients/tools :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for sharing bro... really appreciate it :bow::bow::bow:

It is really quite easy to do. I would suggest to use some art and craft hobby knife with non rusting blade to do the cutting. It produces very clean cut. Also very good for zoos.

I did a cut on my rhodatic into half, without removing from the rocks. It fiss together again.... I came back from China to see still one mushie.... :angry:

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

AMAZING!!! I have this Ric.F with 7 mouths!!! I'm gonna do something once I manage to get all the needed ingredients/tools laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing bro... really appreciate it bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

u'r welcome bro..! and good luck ;)

t is really quite easy to do. I would suggest to use some art and craft hobby knife with non rusting blade to do the cutting. It produces very clean cut. Also very good for zoos.

I did a cut on my rhodatic into half, without removing from the rocks. It fiss together again.... I came back from China to see still one mushie.... mad.gif

even though it is an old blade, it's not rusty as what u think.

many ways to frag them. It's all up to u what kind of metodes u want to try. this is how i did. and we'll see the result later

• SRC Member

I just tried on my 2 yumas today. They were under the shade after my rescape, so cut them out and divided into 2 each.

A few questions:

1. must the meshing be very tight over the frags?

2. i tied the rope across one of the frag's mouth, is it ok?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

u'r welcome bro..! and good luck ;)

even though it is an old blade, it's not rusty as what u think.

many ways to frag them. It's all up to u what kind of metodes u want to try. this is how i did. and we'll see the result later

Hi bro;

Nottin wrong with ur method (its also my old method). Your sissor also not rusty. I works beautifully the last time I use a sissor. Just that I found it easier to slice using those sharp pen knife without those slippery feeling of mushie. :D

I not suggesting it is a wrong way to do, but sugguesting a method to avoid the slippery mushie sissor cutting.

Since u into frag... How abt we share a shipment of florida ric, cut into half, and share the cost??? Frag florida ric even easier....

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Dude, ef_med2001,What you meanth by this in picture G

Thing that u should consider is each pieces must have mouth and foot. Don't let any of the pieces not having foot or mouth. they can be died, or grow slowly

Dude, ef_med2001,What you meanth by this in picture G

Thing that u should consider is each pieces must have mouth and foot. Don't let any of the pieces not having foot or mouth. they can be died, or grow slowly

:P sorry for my bad english. i don't know how to say , but may be this will help www.ricordea.org

Since u into frag... How abt we share a shipment of florida ric, cut into half, and share the cost??? Frag florida ric even easier....

:( r.florida isn't available in my country....

I just tried on my 2 yumas today. They were under the shade after my rescape, so cut them out and divided into 2 each.

A few questions:

1. must the meshing be very tight over the frags?

2. i tied the rope across one of the frag's mouth, is it ok?

sorry for late reply

1. no, don't have to be so tight. I gave them a little space

2. not sure, but i think it's better not to tied it accross the mouth

Can i know the spec of your system?

What light are you using?

What are your water parameters like?

i use dymax T5 . i know it's not a good light, but. the last time i used this , i managed to propagate my cheap yuma

the water parameters:nitrate = 10ppm! blah :lol: , nitrite zero , po4..haven't test yet