Yuma Propagation

ef_med2001

any updates??

sorry for late reply, been vary busy lately.

2 days ago i opened the net, and found that only 7 from 30 frags had attached. and i was so glad that the pink one had attached :lol: . btw i cannot take pictures because my sister borrowed it. i'll do it when i get it back.

must it be in a sump?

can i put it in the original main tank?

noo., u don't have to. if u put them in the original main tank, IMO it's better.

How about your

-tank dimension

-Temp

-calcium

-dkh

-Type of Water used. NSW or salt mix

-What else is in the tank? Fishes?

tank dimension is 60cm x 40cm x 35cm

temp is about 26-28C

calsium is 380ppm

dkh is 11

i'm using NSW

there are no fishes in my prop tank

• 1 month later...

sorry guys. i failed.

about 2 weeks after my last post , i was admitted to hospital for 3 weeks because of thypoid fever and hepatitis A.

while i was in hospital, no one took care about them. of course becaus e my parrents so worried about me that they wouldn't think about them.

and when i came home. i found failed- operating cooling fans and skimmer, 1.200 salinity, and one small green yuma.....

from 30 frags only 1 which could survive!!! IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

I feel so sorry for you. But at least you survived. ;)

That is what we all dreaded. Murphy's law...

But dun give up, you are on the right track.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
I dun think you failed bro ef_med2001.  It was just a run of bad luck cos u did see results.  Anyway, personal health is more important.  Do take care.  ;)

ya agree these corals you can always buy more but you can never buy you no matter what.

you trying this again?meaning the growing of the yumas?

• 2 weeks later...