Major cleanup and upgrade

hammy

This thread is for the Admin and the mod,

maybe it is time for some clean up and upgrade.

for instances,

(1) Ripples Cafe seem to be like History, but it is still there in the forum.

(2) The De Floral Advertisement seem to expire since 2005

(3) The Tip of the week seem to be like Tip of the Year

i have been in SRC for 2 years plus plus, i seriously hope we can have a more up to date forum in term of platform ...The overall platform is very simple and easy to use, but i feel it is like getting 'old'.

Maybe more involvement from moderators will be great too.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

got into a conversation with another reefer , he also pointed out that the tank of the month can be tank of the forum .

and i dun see admin and mod reply to this thread too sigh...

anyway looking back at the site feedback and suggestions forum, the recent suggestions are all without any replies from admin or mod

i started with good intention, SRC is indeed a little encyclopedia, and most of the times when i log into internet, i will definately surf SRC. like little gathering with my online reefing friends who share the same interest.

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Seriously, I must admit lacking the momentum for some time already.

The last year especially has taken its toll on my interest in the hobby due to career and other commitments.

Managing a club that is still seriously growing at a tremendous pace since our inception 4 years ago is no small feat. Without the mods, it would have been impossible!

Take a look at our stats... the other local forums at anytime, even during the peak timings, still average much less than or max only about half of our total visitors! Membership signups are still averaging 150+ a month!

The site is actually less 'commercial' than it has been a few years ago... I've actually not collected sponsorship for a long time... and the server is still hosting just SRC alone (with another site of mine?)! This dedicated server means faster surfing speeds... and you guys enjoyed this for years already! ;)

We'll coming up to our 4th year anniversary in 2 weeks time, and I was thinking how great that members from day 1 are still with us today, serving as mods, as members, as helpers, volunteers to promote the hobby etc. But many have become busy with careers and family life, like myself. :(

The mods and I have been meeting up recently to manage the system to weed out nuisance people and troublemakers and so far its been working very well indeed! And future implementations will make nuisance posters think twice.

As for the visual aspect, that's also in the pipeline.

Content-wise, I feel that I can no longer be the one to drive contests etc. Perhaps we need the local community to step up a notch and not rely on me alone.

The Tank of the Moment slot deserves to be long updated but that would mean someone has to administer this!

Who would like to volunteer? We need writers, content drivers... :)

Yeah, will be anticipating some new changes B)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

maybe appoint someone will be great..

maybe u can let us vote for someone.. and the winner will decide if he/she willing to take up the job. :D

Sounds good. How about nominate a few reefers?

I have in mind, just some suggestions.

1. Blueheaven (Young, energetic, full of :idea: , the sort of ppl who makes thing happen. Very impt that he is also very much of a environmentalist. Very much like our very own Steve Irwin, except he is much younger and lives in a small island of ours.)

2. Jervismun (Relatively newcomer, but have vast experience on reefkeeping. Most importantly was highly adicted to SRC. Nightmares for troublemakers. His experience from moderating another forum would be greatly appreaciate here).

3. Acidjazz (Who says sponsor cannot be moderator? With his knowledge on Singapore law system, he can serve as a legal counsel for SRC handling all defaming suit etc. Yeah, he seems to be a good buddy of of Jervis, ever exchanging reefing ideas, methodology/product reviews. When the 2 works hand in hand, should be some kick axx partnership)