Jervis' Sydney Trip

jervismun

Circular Quay... u see those red suits and those red people? :lol: They are boarding the JET-BOAT... will try that next time :unsure:

Before we depart, the captain made an announcement... they received satellite information... sea a bit rough... around 20 knots... too much wave... so can't locate whales via satellite imagery... offer us to return the next day instead :( None of us take the warning seriously ;)

post-11-1159977004.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic a bit... here's how the Jet Boat looks like... cool :eyebrow:

post-11-1159977283.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ok back to whale watching... nice weather... windy... things are gonna be fine :lol:

post-11-1159977383.jpg

Once the vessel gotten outside the open ocean... things are getting exciting... we were standing outside the... holding the railing so tight... the whole vessel is bouncing up and down like a theme park LOG RIDE :sick:

post-11-1159977506.jpg

Then the captain announced... a flock of sea gulls (of some sort) out there... feasting on Australian Salmon... emm... dunno real or not :lol:

post-11-1159977939.jpg

But for sure... some kinda fish coz I can see them jumping out of water... stressed by the birds :o Those white foams on the water surface were caused by the fishes... coz out boat have not even reach there... pix taken from the front of the vessel.

Ok that's the most exciting sighting of the entire trip... before things get really nasty :cry:

post-11-1159978044.jpg

Sorry for the disappointment bros... the trip was a disaster... almost all passengers :sick::sick::sick: like crazy... even after taking travel sickness pill... I also cannot "tahan" :sick::sick::sick: The entire vessel looks like a Red Cross ship during World War III :lol:

The captain decided to return back to the harbour... and we got full refund :huh:

But... I'LL BE BACK!!! 2008 :lol::lol::lol:

That night... the 3 Pigeons laughed at us ;)

post-11-1159978952.jpg

My thead coming to an end... oh dun you love the donut "holes" :lol:

post-11-1159979015.jpg

Fast forward...

Taken at the airport... my parents took this plane back to KL... while I waited for the bloody SQ222 that got me delayed 5 hours ;)

The design of this MAS aircraft is quite horrible actually... I think they purposely design it in such a way to irritate SQ... those ribbon design... exactly the same used by SQ007, the one that crashed in Taipei airport couple of years back... a horrid memory for SQ's aviation history <_<

Or perhaps the ribbons are just a coincidence :lol:

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks: for your time and bandwidth :bow:

post-11-1159979290.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
My thead coming to an end... oh dun you love the donut "holes" :lol:

they don't look like krispy kreme donuts. where did you get them from?

or maybe they are KK donuts and I'm not too good at spotting non-original ones. hmm.

regardless, nice photos. makes me real tempted to take a short drive/flight up from Melbourne. (=

although the last time I went to Sydney, I did spend a significant amount of time at the fish market, and even bought some fresh fish to cook for dinner. heh.

hope you enjoyed your stay down under.

• 4 years later...
  • SRC Member

hehe.. Jervis quit long ago... he's now fully focus on photography :)

his photos hehe

http://www.earthkeepers2011.com/my/gallery.aspx

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D