RC Heli / Planes

DeadmanZ

• SRC Member

Hi bros, just bought a RC heli picooZ today. The performances is great. Very stable and small, u can even fly it in your home... but flying time is kind of short.. charging for about 15-30 mins for just 5 mins of flying time. So bros out there who plays RC planes got any recommendations for electric heli tat can fly for a long time? Best is those kind that is able to fly in home.. haha .. or any good sites also can.. Thanks!!

• SRC Member

It's the motor. If you play too long, it will burn out and you need to replace it. But this hobby is growing in popularity. There's alot of new model coming out for everyone from beginner to expert level. It's getting more affordable for new entry level that comes complete with everything you need to fly the heli. You could buy an extra kit to fly it while the other one is cooling down. But you gonna need a lot of rechargeable batteries. :)

• SRC Member

Flew the Llama Ver 3 owned by a friend of mine. I've got it flying in 2 minute. Simple to fly in my opinion. Flown in in the carpark of my work place. Good way to spend the 1hr lunch break. :D Google the heli name to get a pic of this heli model.

There are a lot of web site dedicated for RC.

Check out the links in the following page:

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/ezsite/link/manager.cgi

One of the local forum for RC is:

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

From my research, the cost of a RC hobby is how much can you afford to crash your plane or heli.

It is another expensive hobby and I'm researching to see which cost me lesser to enjoy the hobby in a long run...

• SRC Member

it's very basic. no variable pitch control for increase in lift. only one control for the incr/decr of rpm and the other for left/right turning. But for less than $40 it's worth it for it's durability(styrofoam can withstand crashes without major damages) and simplicity in ops.

• SRC Member

lama is gd for indoor flight.. there're even smaller version of lama (mini lama)

prob give u longer flight time too

we've few piccoZ in the office...they're gd lunchtime fun!! lol

can be bought in Metro for 39.90

Check out www.daddyhobby.com forum if you're intereted in radiocontrol flying craft

Outdoor heli is big investment (depending on the style of flying u're aftering) .. ive prob spend alot more on RC heli than reefing becuz im learning aerobatic with the heli.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

LoL, thats a good idea to fly a picoZ during lunch time. Can save on the lunch $$ too.. ahaha.. ya, the price is at 39.90. U guys should really try that out. Its cool! But the flying time is aRgggg... haha.. And thanks bros for the links :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I add front wings (canards) to my picooZ for forward flight. :)

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• SRC Member

unfortunately mine didnt come with the aluminium strip.

tore the box apart lookin for it.

guess id just get some paperclips instead

the manual said turn clockwise to move forward,

anti clockwise to go back.

i felt like a fish having to keep swayin the tail to propel forward

• SRC Member

hmm, if u dont have the strips, then u doesnt have the spare propeller also? CAuse the strips is together with the propeller. Paper clips will work too i tink, as long as there's the weight infront.. anyway bro cci[RR]us,thats a nice modification :lol: