roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi roidan

May i know what is your test kit brand?? :nc:

Thanks

this brand not as good as salifert...but i buy a cheap brand as once cyling is over...nitrites should be little or nil...can depend on expensive salifert for nitrate testing...

no brand to it...its just nitrite test kit from aquarium pharmaceuticals...

• SRC Member

hehe..no problem with the stand...i coated it with special anti corrosion paint with not 1..not 2...but 4 coats....the stand came matt black..but i doubt the paintwork, so i painted 4 thick coats before the tank finally came....

if u can..go for stainless steel ..strong..but abit too shiny for my liking

Nice tank!

but for the metal stand.....I dun think it will not rust. Even if you send it for plating or rust treatment, it will still rust after soaking with salt water.

just my 2 cents. :blink:

the presence of nitrites means that there are enough nitrites to develop aerobic bacteria to process nitrites into nitrates...

the skimmer is to get rid of dissolved organics before it turns into ammonia.....which then leads to nitrites and nitrates...thus after the ammonia stage, whether u start using the skimmer or not, will not affect the cycle in a big way...

:heh: