Roidan's 4ft tank

roidan

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in fact...the rocks that will go over to the 6ft will be quite cured already.....i went home as fast as i can after getting pat's rocks and now cycling them...some dieoffs along the 10minute journey should happen

that time use 2ft to seed 4ft sump...

now will use 4ft to seed 6ft sump...

wonder if it will work the same way...lol...

meanwhile..let me go take another orp reading of my 4ft again

wah.. blue tub.. can loan me when I do my major shifting..

I ###### to collect n promise not to buaya your maid.. hehe..

wah.. really alot of clam..

I thought I seow clams.. seem like u more.. ! haha..

I noted your greenish bubble near some corals leh..

won't sting them meh..?

n your rocks.. seem like u got a ton in there..!! aimai move some over to put in my tank? hiak.. :)

Comes CNY, your tank going to be a talking subject with your guests/relatives. :)

woh.. very nice pieces sia....

thanks...

actually many pieces in LFS have dead tissues on the gorgonians...hard to find perfect ones....even my red orange one has lost some meat at one branch when i bought it but i am seeing little polyps from the end also..hope it will grow back and cover the dead branch end...

now i am looking for the purple specimen...bro williamuk has a very nice piece..but sadly he isn't really active in here nowadays to show you guys :nc:

Roidan, are most of your live rock, biological filtration etc. transferred from an established tank?

Seems like you are building up your tank awfully fast over a one-month period

yeah...most of them...i cured in a blue tub weeks before the tank came...so u can consider when the tank came...all the rocks that went in was cured and minimal cycling....there was some colour change before i added any corals or fishes...i waited till ammonia and nitrite was nil before added anything...u can follow the colour change of those tests in this thread..

and till now....nitrate still around 5ppm... the peak was 10ppm..i also dunno what miraculously happened in my tank...

could be...the tons of rock....the liquid bacteria i used (Microbe-Lift Special Blend).....the macroalgaes...or even some AZNO3 that i used initially but now very long never use liao....i am still bewildered...and also the 7inch DSB which definitely havent kick in yet....and maybe the twin 2014 weipro skimmers...but i transferred quite alot of sand from my previous 2ft sump into this...only the top 1inch layer coz afraid of sulfide poisoning..hehe

i also dunno what is the chief factor..thats why i used tetra and salifert test kit to check my nitrate to be sure...i am bewildered also :unsure: