tank..

of hand I only know Gerald aka tank_maker on arofanatic website. (=

you may want to pop by over there and search for him under the "Members search" function.

Gerald aka tank_maker 90762106

I know davidsws also makes tanks. but I don't have his contacts right now. (=

Octo in SRC also gave me quotations. so you can try him. (=

• SRC Member
i dunno what the market rate is like... but i recently bought a 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft tank with overflow system and pre-drilled.... thickness is 12mm.... i am paying $450 for it... clear glass... it is being done by a LFS in lavander st.... cant seem to remember his name... i have asked around the market and this is one of the most resonable prices that i have come across.... and he charged me $160 for my sump tank.. 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft..... hope it helps.... ;)

lavender st........don't tell me its re*b***

• SRC Member

:bow::bow:

If it's from RB, you may wish to do a check before accepting the product. I saw a pretty big tank placed in the front of the shop some 2 days back, but the base of the tank was NOT a single piece glass (ie it was done up be connecting 2 pieces of glass together <_< ). Not sure if that will hold out the pressure, esp when its the base of the tank...

Edited by Volitan

• SRC Member
:bow::bow:

If it's from RB, you may wish to do a check before accepting the product. I saw a pretty big tank placed in the front of the shop some 2 days back, but the base of the tank was NOT a single piece glass (ie it was done up be connecting 2 pieces of glass together <_< ). Not sure if that will hold out the pressure, esp when its the base of the tank...

There again, it might not be meant for sale (or for you, benz...).

• SRC Member
i dunno what the market rate is like... but i recently bought a 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft tank with overflow system and pre-drilled.... thickness is 12mm.... i am paying $450 for it... clear glass... it is being done by a LFS in lavander st.... cant seem to remember his name... i have asked around the market and this is one of the most resonable prices that i have come across.... and he charged me $160 for my sump tank.. 3ft x 2ft x 1.5ft..... hope it helps.... ;)

yr sump seems expensive

• SRC Member

yea... its R.B...

just checked the receipt.... the tank in the front is not meant for me.... i have seen his work on the tanks that they do at the back and the finishing was not that bad.... my tank would be slight about the same size only that my breath is 1/2ft bigger.....

whats the talk of the town on this LFS.... they seem very friendly and have given me soem time to discuss things through.... even before i went ahead to buy the tank... i only bought my tank some five or six visits later....

anyone has any experience.. pls do share...... :thanks:

maybe you can get quotes from other tank makers, I believe roidan got everything at $500 only

• SRC Member
I think people are scandalised over the quality of the lifestocks and their apparent nonchalant attitude towards customers and their lifestocks.

Couldnt agree more. I started shopping at RB when I 1st found their price very competitive, though I cant say the same nowadays.

I am quite surprised they actually provide advice and tips to their customers. It has never occured to me. <_<

• SRC Member

i noe a glass merchant at sembawang road opposite seletar institute i think is call " sim brother glass merchant" something like that .. they charging $220 for 4 ft X 18" X 18 " 12 mm thick glass. $200 for 10 mm ones ...

if u think the price is reasonable can try there... :eyebrow:

what's the exact dimension r u looking at? glass thickness? overflow system?

;)4xx2x2 , thickness 10mm

tank+cabinet+overflow system+sump

Is overflow system refers as sump? sorry new to tank lingo?

I consulted raidon, he siad better self set up by myself, i failed once so wish to start again.

Idea is that whole tank system is there then not too many connections of this and that, if not with so many equipments , me really confused what to buy also. budget wise 1-3k.

Unless i can find kaki here to set up if not most likely, i get whole system then adding of LS and LR and tank cycling i experiment myself : )