New Custom Design Tank

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sponsor

just wondering what type of lighting will you use? with 4x4 coverage, u need lots of lightings....

if u looking for MH, u need 4 sets atleast....... :D with your water volume, u need the largest chiller in the market........

that will be another large investment.

• SRC Member
just wondering what type of lighting will you use? with 4x4 coverage, u need lots of lightings....

if u looking for MH, u need 4 sets atleast....... :D  with your water volume, u need the largest chiller in the market........

that will be another large investment.

Hi Dr. Evil , ;) ...... I thought of using the Giesemann which not only caught my attention but also the slim and decorative design. I managed to speak with the local distributor here and he's checking out the availability and stock for me. I never really knew they had a 400W bulb for such deep tanks :whistle which is impressive to say the least. ;) Although my tank is not really that deep but the width is wide. You're right that I might have to get double sets at least. As for the chiller , I know I have to get the largest and I thought of reef relief for starters. Any opinions on what I should get and what I should avoid by reefers out there? Would certainly welcome your advise :D

• SRC Member

Actually I do stay in an HDB flat.... :D I know this tank is a ton.... :cry:

You manage to get HDB approval right? Forget it, no one does anyway.

I have got one custom made tank too. 8' x 8' x 2.5'.

But it crack when I woke up. :D

• SRC Member

You manage to get HDB approval right? Forget it, no one does anyway.

I have got one custom made tank too. 8' x 8' x 2.5'.

But it crack when I woke up. :D

I don't really have HDB approval though.... :cry: I am sorry to hear your tank cracked..... :( What was the reason though? Thats a super large tank you had :whistle

• SRC Member

Actually I do stay in an HDB flat.... :D I know this tank is a ton.... :cry:

Does that mean that yr tank size is probably 1 of the biggest able 2 squeeze in2 an HDB flat (pre-assembled)?? Unless of course U get yr tank assembled in the flat itself ...

• SRC Member

Does that mean that yr tank size is probably 1 of the biggest able 2 squeeze in2 an HDB flat (pre-assembled)?? Unless of course U get yr tank assembled in the flat itself ...

It just barely made it through my front doorway. ;) I originally wanted a height of 2 1/2 feet but it could not be done at seems. I also could have requested it to be made in my home but reaching down through a 2 1/2 feet would pose some difficulties. I don't know if any reefers here has the same size as mine. :D