Rotifiers

bryanong

Hi, can any 1 advise me on where can I get rotifiers as my true percs had spawn a couple of days. Will waiting for the eggs to turn silver. Thanks.

Main Tank: 3 by 2 by 2.5 ft

Sump: 30 by 16 by 16 inch

Return: Sicce 5000

Wavemaker: Vortech Mp40wES

Lighting: 2 X Maxspect Mazzara, 1 ATI True Actinic, 1 ATI BluePlus

Skimmer: Deltec APF 600

CR: Deltec PF 501

Filtration: Carbon FR, Phosphate FR

Chiller: Hailea 300A

• SRC Member

Go PETMART and go search where they pu their AquaPharm stuffs and you will find coral food.I think also can feed the fry of clownfish.Better turn off skimmer when they hatch.

girlone.png

Any other lfs besides petmart selling?

• SRC Member

What it's live.I tot can cause they are plankton too.Feed my bubbles with prawns instead of rotifers cause too small liao.

girlone.png

of cus not feeding bubble with rotifers waste $ lehz..

rotifers is for feedin those SPS polyps cannot c e mouth kind one lahz...

feeding nemo fries with live rotifers is cus it promotes e baby to swim chasing e bait

rotifers n plankton r diff things!!!! some things u cannot target feed like ur bubbles then u have to use solution to feed them....

like filter feeders...

Actually rotifers can be considered as a form of zooplankton.

Generally I don't think SPS need to be fed in captivity as the food they get from the photosynthetic action of zooxanthellae should be enough.

Anyway, if you can't get rotifers locally, you can try ordering the cysts online from sites like Florida Aqua Farms. But do note that they're not cheap though... ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Actually rotifers can be considered as a form of zooplankton.

Generally I don't think SPS need to be fed in captivity as the food they get from the photosynthetic action of zooxanthellae should be enough.

Anyway, if you can't get rotifers locally, you can try ordering the cysts online from sites like Florida Aqua Farms. But do note that they're not cheap though... ;)

Actually its not so true... And that is why if you take a look at your tank at night, polyp extension from your sps is crazy :lol: they definately still require some feeding ;)

Actually its not so true... And that is why if you take a look at your tank at night, polyp extension from your sps is crazy :lol: they definately still require some feeding ;)

Agree with you my friend! ;)

If SPS don't require supplemental feeding of zooplankton than whats the function of its polyps?

Personally, I think the usual debate is on whether or not we should feed our SPS rather than whether SPS feeds. Because mother nature already provided the answer that they do feed, its just whether our tank have sufficient food to supply them.

It happens to me once when I encounter polyps burn even when all parameters were all within range, in the end I posted my query including my feeding regimes and fish stocks to Eric Borneman and realized that my tank may not have sufficient zooplankton to sustain my colonies. After supplemental feeding, my colonies started to grow.

From the above, I've learned there are no hard and fast rule towards the feeding of your sps. A tank with sufficient well fed fishes may provide sufficient zooplankton to keep SPS happy. While another with small fish populations may have to supplementally feed zooplankton in order to maintain SPS.

Anyway, I believe the initial question was on getting rotifers to feed true perc fries. I know there are a couple of senior reefers still culturing rotifers, they have have already contacted bryanong.

HTH ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Do you guys noe that you all are :off: .He say he want rotifers so should be fine what with rotifers for corals.What's wrong feeding them rotifers that they state for corals???

girlone.png

Thanks guys for all your valuable info. I have got contacts for pple who had rotifers for sales. ;)

• SRC Member
Do you guys noe that you all are :off: .He say he want rotifers so should be fine what with rotifers for corals.What's wrong feeding them rotifers that they state for corals???

Live food promote more swimming activities in fries and probably better appetite.... Live food still stay there if left uneaten where dead food rots and lower the water quality even further....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• 5 weeks later...