anyone knows how to 're laminate' the cabinet?

flamey

Hi bro,

Have not done so for my present tank but I believe if you still need your cabinet to be at its present position, you can only remove and re-laminate the doors.

Cuz, lamination is best done of a horizontal surface so as to ensure that the surface will be even / flat. After lamination, the corners will still needs trimming and buff to ensure that there are no sharp edges.

HTH ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hi bro,

Have not done so for my present tank but I believe if you still need your cabinet to be at its present position, you can only remove and re-laminate the doors.

Cuz, lamination is best done of a horizontal surface so as to ensure that the surface will be even / flat. After lamination, the corners will still needs trimming and buff to ensure that there are no sharp edges.

HTH ;)

wah if thats the case then i dont think i can change colour.. very weird leh door different colour from the rest :lol::lol: haiyah there goes my plan...

• SRC Member

It can be done, but very uneven.... Ulgy

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

• SRC Member

wah if thats the case then i dont think i can change colour.. very weird leh door different colour from the rest :lol::lol: haiyah there goes my plan...

Hi,

You can get those 'sticker type' laminate for cabinet. I do know where to get them, but i ll need to 'dig' for the address..Pls pm me if 'die die' want to change the cabinet colour

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

the shop I went to at Bedok Road has the stickers. They have like 4ft width and even thin stips for edging. lots of colours too. It's in a place called Changi Complex in the corner of Bedok Road & Bedok Walk. There is a Buddhist Temple along Bedok Walk. It's very near the corner of Upper Changi Road.

HTH

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• 2 months later...
u guys know of any place that i can send my cabinet to re- laminate? costs? its a 4x2x3 cabinet size...ive already decomm my tank and now considering re-laminating.. thanks!

hi Bro,

u can look at the classified..renovation for cabinet..cost by per sq foot.. should be a few hundred bucks..they can laminate it very nicely for u. i did it for my kitchen cabinet ..

• SRC Member
hi Bro,

u can look at the classified..renovation for cabinet..cost by per sq foot.. should be a few hundred bucks..they can laminate it very nicely for u. i did it for my kitchen cabinet ..

ok thanks bro.. will look it up.. :thanks:

• SRC Member
hi Bro,

called a few companies.. they dont do lamination for aquarium cabinet.. apparently its too 'small'... haizz.. anyone?