OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

omg so cute! lubricogobius dinah

This looks very familiar!!! I used to have one very similar looking one when i just started marine... During the first shipment of eviota goby... It was mixed in my bag, it is like 1cm big only..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Now...this is a fish I could really get into - cool, new, and rare (for now). :thumbsup:

Heard about it months ago, but this is the first picture of it to be revealed.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• Senior Reefer

Now...this is a fish I could really get into - cool, new, and rare (for now). :thumbsup:

omg that's really pretty!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

the colour combo is really cool especially the pelvic fin. strange how nature can come up with such beautiful gems and just hides them everywhere awaiting to be discovered.

this is something i really want to see in real life and hopefull own.

• Senior Reefer

Lets say we might have a chance to own a Chaetodon smithi :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

AH!!!!! smithi!

wow if dejongi and smithi appears in the same shipment i think i will just faint at the LFS.

I always though Linki is the rare gramma... Didnt thought there would be anymore more rare gramma..

Member of:

AH!!!!! smithi!

wow if dejongi and smithi appears in the same shipment i think i will just faint at the LFS.

Smithi is possible if someone is willing to organise a collection trip, much like clipperton angelfish. If there's someone who's gonna do it, i can only think of cortez marine or dejong marine life.

Anyway Dejong marinelife ever imported a chaetodon tricinctus early this year i think, it is one LFS which goes all out to acquire the rarest fish on Earth.

I always though Linki is the rare gramma... Didnt thought there would be anymore more rare gramma..

Linki is ugly grey, deepwater and rare and will remain rare forever. The cuban gramma is beautiful but not rare, it's jux tat its habitat has no collection. But now tat it's discovered, it will soon be a marine staple when someone open up a collection point at cuban targetting this beautiful gramma.

• SRC Member

Linki is ugly grey, deepwater and rare and will remain rare forever. The cuban gramma is beautiful but not rare, it's jux tat its habitat has no collection. But now tat it's discovered, it will soon be a marine staple when someone open up a collection point at cuban targetting this beautiful gramma.

It's already being collected....De Jong has shipments from Cuba, and that's how it was discovered - in a shipment from cuba, and they type specimen likely those first specimens.

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• Senior Reefer

let's take a look at the journey of the lightning maroon clown!

it's from PNG and it's being paired with another normal PNG clown to breed. hoping there's some lightning gene in the normal one too. you can read the entire process on this blog, the lightning maroon clown journey. Hampered by brook, aggressiveness, ich, the works.

anyway. here's some nice photos and a video

post-15755-12747010272851_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010358768_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1274701046988_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010569201_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010632235_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010712092_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010770549_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747010940771_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747011046624_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12747011129173_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1274701121249_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Sad to learn tat the lightning breeding project wasnt gg on v successfully. At least the male is doing fine, guess it's jux a longer wait..

if i'm not wrong this is the 2nd lightning clown from PNG right? the first one isn't as beautiful as this.

hopefully we get to see them one day. the only drawback is that it's a maroon clown. i would like it more on a false perc :D

if i'm not wrong this is the 2nd lightning clown from PNG right? the first one isn't as beautiful as this.

hopefully we get to see them one day. the only drawback is that it's a maroon clown. i would like it more on a false perc :D

Actually there is a maroon clown at CF with a weird stripe too the day we went... Not sure if you saw it...

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

Actually there is a maroon clown at CF with a weird stripe too the day we went... Not sure if you saw it...

did not see. i've seen a maroon clown with it's middle bar replaced by a white circle before.

did not see. i've seen a maroon clown with it's middle bar replaced by a white circle before.

:blink: :blink: The one at CF if not wrong is the middle bar is linked to the last bar with a horizontal bar.. Not bad, I guess it doesnt count as special..

Member of:

• Senior Reefer

:blink: :blink: The one at CF if not wrong is the middle bar is linked to the last bar with a horizontal bar.. Not bad, I guess it doesnt count as special..

heh. whatever it is, maroon is a maroon. i hate them unless they're the ligtning ones!

• Senior Reefer

check this out!

ever wondered what's its like to have 24/7 dripping of food into a tank filled with nothing but anthias and sun corals/gorgonians!?!??!!?

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

check this out!

ever wondered what's its like to have 24/7 dripping of food into a tank filled with nothing but anthias and sun corals/gorgonians!?!??!!?

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

The purple queens are so fat and gorgeous, makes the ventralis anthias looks so pale.

• Senior Reefer

The purple queens are so fat and gorgeous, makes the ventralis anthias looks so pale.

what's the first anthias in the video? the purple and red with the long tail filaments