using of epoxy to stick coral

anyone who have used this aquaz epoxy fix to stick ur coral to the live rock? i tried to use but it doesnt seem to stick leh...the instruction is: cut off required amt, mix by kneading into a uniform white color, apply to surface...tats wat i did leh...followed the instruction...after kneading into a uniform white color, i took out my coral frm the water, den i apply to the surface, den after tat i immediately put in back into the water on the rock....den after a day, the coral will still fall off...doesnt seem to stick...

ne advise? :(

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

while curing epoxy, level it so that the coral wont tend to fall on its side. and try not to have too much water moment over it.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Encountered same problem as you, till i came across some info sharing by senior reefers here:

1. As mentioned, prepare your epoxy (knead).

2. If possible, dry the coral rock where the epoxy is to be stuck

3. Crazy super glue (gel type) the area to be stuck, either epoxy or rock

4. Stick the epoxy to rock and press/mould it slightly

5. Crazy glue the other side of the epoxy (to stick to rock in tank)

6. Press the whole coral to rock firmly, hold for 1min or so, depending if it holds or not

They advise keeping flow low till the epoxy fully cures to prevent loosening the epoxy bond.

I hv 100% success rate now, but still need to improve on the step 6, sometimes corals not place at ideal angle :upsidedown:

Use a bit of water to wet hands when handling the kneaded epoxy, less sticky.

Hope this helps

Hey i've got problem with epoxy too.. at first i try to stick my sps frag in the water with the kneeded eproxy, i press and press the frag to the eproxy, then press and press the eproxy to the rock. Totally wrong way, the eproxy will dissolve in the water making it cloudy then abit flow whole thing fly away. i think the correct way should be taking out the rock and sps frag dry the surface and dry ur hands b4 sticking them. When inside water switch off all flow for 2-3 hr (depending on how strong the flow).

I think best way to use them is as dry as possible and as little movement as possible. Chop chop do and put back.

My monti dont survive eproxy and sps appear retrached near the base. I prefer use superglue gel where possible.