Bryopsis

IanJ

Hi Max

Yes, been sometime. Well, spent the last year unemployed searching for sps. Have just started work, so for the next month or so only have time to pull out the bryopsis!

Good idea on a Rowaphos reactor, where do you get them and how much? To be honest i never use a std phosphate test kit since i have never believed the results.

I normally change the filter floss at least once a week, should i increase? Will blast the rock as often as possible.

I even changed the feed to the skimmer from the sump to the main tank to try to improve the skimming(remove as much as possible prior to the floss)

Have you tried Biophos in the reactor?

Ian

• SRC Member
Whoa Max.....luckily I do not have to do what you write....think I'll give up and change to a FOWLR.

Ian, do you a macro algae refugium? Think this might help.

:snore::heh: Hi Morgan, you was here when I just shift tank..........you saw those Bryopsis patches everywhere............ :P:o:o:o either Bryopsis LOVE me or :evil::evil::snore::heh::pinch::)B):huh:

I think Morgan has a good suggestion, but I believe 2 approach will make it work;

Refug. with Macro Algae lighted 24/7 with MH 150K 5K or couples of T5?

Placing Rocks of Macro Algae ontop of spots with Bryopsis or just place Macro Algae nearer or higher towards the light sources.

Max

• SRC Member
Hi Max

Yes, been sometime. Well, spent the last year unemployed searching for sps. Have just started work, so for the next month or so only have time to pull out the bryopsis!

Good idea on a Rowaphos reactor, where do you get them and how much? To be honest i never use a std phosphate test kit since i have never believed the results.

I normally change the filter floss at least once a week, should i increase? Will blast the rock as often as possible.

I even changed the feed to the skimmer from the sump to the main tank to try to improve the skimming(remove as much as possible prior to the floss)

Have you tried Biophos in the reactor?

Ian

BTW, get someone, friends or relative to send you one unit from UK.......it is hot in Europe. I talk to Thomas Pohl before, Inventor of Zeovit & Biophos. I believe he recommended using a reactor as well for optimum result................

Good Luck.........

Max