Amphiprion percula

FuEl

Did u change ur system? What type of fluidized bed filter are you using? I'm planning my system now, thus will like to hear on your opinion.

Cheers

JC

My broodstock system is still in place. This is a system just for growout. I situate this system away from my broodstock for bio-security and use different siphon tubes and nets to avoid cross-contamination. My salinity is 1.011. I save on salt and such low salinity prevents a lot of disease outbreaks. I am using a fluidized reactor, filled with 2kg of OTTO fluidized bed media, running on a RIO hf 12. I will order UVs from the states once I have $$. Can't find a good one locally.

A more in-depth description can be found on:

http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtop...=142&t=6230

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

that FR looks familiar? got it from joe?

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

New Life Spectrum Grow.... hehehe

Power setup....

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
Still have room for improvement..

http://glassbox-design.com/2009/visit-live...ander-facility/

My inspiration.. :eyebrow:

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Some fish in a 1 week old system. Ammonia still undetectable, feeding 5 times a day.

img4275s.jpg

All this at your MP flat? I really salute you unbelievable! Can i be on your wait list when your clowns are ready for sale? :whistle

Only special patterned clowns (not misbars) deserve a wait list. :eyebrow:

Add me to the wait list as well, pls. :upsidedown:

" ... and the sea cucumber turns to the mollusk and says, 'With fronds like these, who needs anemones?' " -Marlin the Clownfish-

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

Wow bro, nice pcs of equipment you got there.. Too bad i have opt for the cheaper " China-made" 36W UV due to overspending this month.. :P

BTW, how long you run it each day ?

Wow bro, nice pcs of equipment you got there.. Too bad i have opt for the cheaper " China-made" 36W UV due to overspending this month.. :P

BTW, how long you run it each day ?

24 hours. :eyebrow:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

The eerie glows makes it look so deadly. LOL

• 1 month later...
Some fish in a 1 week old system. Ammonia still undetectable, feeding 5 times a day.

img4275s.jpg

Spent about 1K to do up that system. But I think another 1-2 months the system will be running at max capacity already. Need to build more tanks already.. :mellow: Looks like I made the right choice for going for a fluidized bed filter with 2kg of media, it is an ammonia breakdown machine. :eyebrow:

wa ur hose must be very big to fit in this system.very soon u can open a aquarium shop and sell marine fisn... :upsidedown: wat brand is that fluidized sandbed i did not see it b4 in LFS only in books... <_< where u buy it?yes it is an ammonia breakdown machine but also a nitrate machine :pirate:

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank