BABY FISH!

yikai

You need to feed bbs more often, especially at the beginning. They provide important enzymes which will help kick-start the digestive enzymes in the gut of the fish. Rotifers will do that too but they are too small for banggais. After 2-3 days of feeding bbs you will have to enrich the bbs with fatty acids like DHA, which is why I passed you the Selco. If you skip this step, fishes easily go into shock and they just die.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer
You need to feed bbs more often, especially at the beginning. They provide important enzymes which will help kick-start the digestive enzymes in the gut of the fish. Rotifers will do that too but they are too small for banggais. After 2-3 days of feeding bbs you will have to enrich the bbs with fatty acids like DHA, which is why I passed you the Selco. If you skip this step, fishes easily go into shock and they just die.

ok thanks! i will start feeding them bbs more often. but i find the eggs hard to hatch. maybe my bubble not stong enough. i feed them rots and they eat..but i guess as u said, too small and insufficient for them. thanks fuel for the advice.

• SRC Member

wah... so shiok.. i also wanna try breeding. haha anyway go lemon!!! you're starting on the steep learning curve now.. lots to read up and learn! can i pre-order your next batch of banggai? i will pay you market price. =)

• Senior Reefer

haha. when school start in 2 weeks time for me i dunno if i have the time or not....u can maybe ask bro fuel? he does rear some fish i dnno if he has any banggai haha. anyway, will see how it goes. if i do manage to raise them i will post it up here. already trying my best to keeo the current ones alive

• 3 weeks later...