BABY FISH!

yikai

OH HAHAHA oh ya ya!! i told her at 3am in the night last night. she sleeping i scream "EH! MY FISH BABY!! SO CUTE U WAN SEE?!" then she got a fright and scolded me for scaring her lolz. this morning she wrote a note on my table say how come left so little. and that they are soo cute lolz (:

i used to have a net that can keep baby fish, it's those look like fish net, it has 4-poles to create a trap... but i cleared it recently.

i trying to find time during lunch to do some walk-about, see if i can find something useful for you. let u know later.

btw: spotted cardinals

i managed to catch one (it's in a trap now)... the other is swimming in main tank (still trying to catch it, but this one is SMART!)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer
i used to have a net that can keep baby fish, it's those look like fish net, it has 4-poles to create a trap... but i cleared it recently.

i trying to find time during lunch to do some walk-about, see if i can find something useful for you. let u know later.

btw: spotted cardinals

i managed to catch one (it's in a trap now)... the other is swimming in main tank (still trying to catch it, but this one is SMART!)

thanks wilson! oh yes spotted cardinals. also known as pajama cardinals. when they baby they are SUPERRRRR CUTE.

thanks wilson! oh yes spotted cardinals. also known as pajama cardinals. when they baby they are SUPERRRRR CUTE.

the 2 i had are mini size... less than 1"...

Now i'm trying to catch the other one... will sell/give them away when i managed to catch!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
the 2 i had are mini size... less than 1"...

Now i'm trying to catch the other one... will sell/give them away when i managed to catch!

how come u dun wan? haha. my tank so many cardinal fish -.- getting bored of them too. maybe should catch and sell. but all paired up. see if they want to breed first or not....since im so noob at this breeding thing, maybe can try wif cardinal first...after all, the parents look after them since egg till mini adult XD less work for me lolz

how come u dun wan? haha. my tank so many cardinal fish -.- getting bored of them too. maybe should catch and sell. but all paired up. see if they want to breed first or not....since im so noob at this breeding thing, maybe can try wif cardinal first...after all, the parents look after them since egg till mini adult XD less work for me lolz

Am thinking of keeping other stuff, something more colourful.

if u want, u can try to breed them. (but i suspect these 2 are gay). haha.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
Am thinking of keeping other stuff, something more colourful.

if u want, u can try to breed them. (but i suspect these 2 are gay). haha.

haha. i only have space for 1 or 2 fish left. i dun wan another pair of cardinal!! i hav 6 liao -pengz- LOL! x) funny....all my fish seem to ike swimming on the right side of the tank...maybe left side got wavemaker the scared of it. lol

• Senior Reefer
Congrats! It'll be fun to watch them grow. I would like to adopt a pair if you do give / sell them. ^_^

sure. trying to make them grow first....need to find some BBS. they are born immune to ich LOLZ. until now so signs of ich yet. good good XD

• SRC Member
Maybe should'nt put all the eggs in 1 basket... spread them out to fellow reefers to ensure higher chance of survival.. :eyebrow:

But must also give them a fighting chance of survival before releasing to others mah :)

Nurse them to a healthy size and let them start feeding on normal food first la. I'm also tempted to ask for one, but they will definitely get lost in the tank at this size hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
But must also give them a fighting chance of survival before releasing to others mah :)

Nurse them to a healthy size and let them start feeding on normal food first la. I'm also tempted to ask for one, but they will definitely get lost in the tank at this size hahaha.

now to small will get sucked into filter. i have 9, if ALL manage to grow bigger into size that they can survive pretty well and feed on normal food, i will give them away. haha. me no expert la. alrady less than 24 hours form 22 drop to 9 -.- u see bro fuel he so good! can rear shrimps!! i dun even know anything about those haha. lets wait for my fishies to grow up and hopefully not die haha.

waiting list for captive bred banggai cardinals -

2 for pauline

2 for reddevils

2 for peacemaker

2 for binosage

so far got reservations from these people. left one more haha. XD

• SRC Member
now to small will get sucked into filter. i have 9, if ALL manage to grow bigger into size that they can survive pretty well and feed on normal food, i will give them away. haha. me no expert la. alrady less than 24 hours form 22 drop to 9 -.- u see bro fuel he so good! can rear shrimps!! i dun even know anything about those haha. lets wait for my fishies to grow up and hopefully not die haha.

2 for pauline

2 for reddevils

2 for peacemaker

2 for binosage

:bow: Whoa, thanks thanks, for including me :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

2 for pauline

2 for reddevils

2 for peacemaker

2 for binosage

haha.... i'm in list too! :thanks:

• Senior Reefer

my first time trying to rear baby fish mah. dunno what will be the outcome. so inexperience summore. also abit paiseh to charge ppl coz im merely doing it for fun (: not serious one haha. but must hope they can grow big luh. i dunno how fast they grow....and dunno if can survive till adult or not! haha.

Bro lemon,

can I have one of your babies.

I am into nano also and going to sell all my current fishes for small and cute like yours

regards

fooyl

my first time trying to rear baby fish mah. dunno what will be the outcome. so inexperience summore. also abit paiseh to charge ppl coz im merely doing it for fun (: not serious one haha. but must hope they can grow big luh. i dunno how fast they grow....and dunno if can survive till adult or not! haha.

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• Senior Reefer

so far today all look healthy no dying or dead ones. cross my fingers they can tahan until tomorow afternoon i go get the bbs for them to eat. i feeding them rotifer so far...dunno if they got eat or not. i never see them open mouth. maybe coz too small haha

• SRC Member
so far today all look healthy no dying or dead ones. cross my fingers they can tahan until tomorow afternoon i go get the bbs for them to eat. i feeding them rotifer so far...dunno if they got eat or not. i never see them open mouth. maybe coz too small haha

hey bro, no more updates? keep the thread going lay... v interested in how the babies are doing. i want to try breeding also...

do u know banggai cardinals was listed as one of the most endangered animals of 2007?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...res/photo5.html

hopefully you can continue to breed this beautiful species so we don't have to get our LS from the sea again. =)

• SRC Member
hey bro, no more updates? keep the thread going lay... v interested in how the babies are doing. i want to try breeding also...

do u know banggai cardinals was listed as one of the most endangered animals of 2007?

hopefully you can continue to breed this beautiful species so we don't have to get our LS from the sea again. =)

From what I heard, they started feeding on Henry's reef gourmet late last week! Wah good advertising for ML hahahaha! :upsidedown:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

one of them died today lolz....i dunno how come also ): guess fooyl u wun be getting ur fish...so sorry. the rest are doing really good. eating henry's food and rots, and bbs. my banggai parents, PREGNANT AGAIN!! haha!! next batch coming up! the fishes should be released in about 2 weeks time? haha will keep u guys updated...but sch starts in 2 weeks. dunno if got time to do this or not haha.

sorry fooyl. ur fish up lorry today. i dunno why also..survival of the fittest i guess. anyway, it became sun coral food ):

Best part of it is that Banggai cardinals are considered endangered by the scientific community and was recommended to be included in CITES. CITES has effectively failed by not including Banggais in Appendix II...since 2007 :eyebrow:

Read the link below for the full story

http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1123

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer

what are the leading cause of baby fish death? malnutrition? i hav been feeding henry's food and rots mostly. BBS only if i have time to hatch them. so far bbs i feed 2 times....